Bannan is new captain

Very Bad move. Love Bannan but when he starts arguing with others his game drops off. Better he focus on the game. When ever his form has dipped it's when he has been having a go at others. Would show poor judgement to pick Bannan. Give it to a player who it will add to their game. He doesn't need that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

None of you lot have any idea what gets said on the pitch, what happens during the week and the impact of any particular player upon the squad.

So bit comical to think you can say who is and isn’t a good captain based on what you (think) you see during a game

Enlighten us then 

Can see the logic in this, if Monk thinks permanent captaincy is going to up Bazza’s game a level then that’s fine by me. He’s easily our most creative player but I think also people forget just how ever present he is. Hardly ever injured or suspended and an absolute mainstay of our midfield especially next season. He does mump and moan and possibly sometimes overdoes stuff with the ball but  clearly Lees is not a captain and short of one of the new lads taking it off the bat I can’t think of anybody else suitable.

Think it's a good decision. He totally dictates how the team plays anyway.

Don't mind that he's a bit gobby, no room for shrinking violets (whatever that means?) this season.

Personally, when I played football, I enjoyed it most in teams where we could b*llock each other without anyone getting the hump

9 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Think it's a good decision. He totally dictates how the team plays anyway.

Don't mind that he's a bit gobby, no room for shrinking violets (whatever that means?) this season.

Personally, when I played football, I enjoyed it most in teams where we could b*llock each other without anyone getting the hump

Think that's the trouble with him though, he does get the hump.

• Like 2

What we don't see is what he does off the pitch with the team. For me it was a no brainer for Bannan. Tom lees isn't going to play every week next season. His time is coming to an end.

The most experienced player is Bannan. Its good that he shouts at the players. Sometimes I think the players should be scared of him. Look at the likes if Roy Keane, John Terry, Wayne Rooney. Their leadership was pretty similar.

I also think it cements Bannan further in to Wednesday to distract any other clubs approaching. He was excellent today 

• Like 1

The captain should be a players of stature who the other players look up to.

Erm.lol

Seriously, he might grow into it. Hopefully Monk sat him down and explained what he wants from him. Being supportive of other players being No. 1 on the list.

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

None of you lot have any idea what gets said on the pitch, what happens during the week and the impact of any particular player upon the squad.

So bit comical to think you can say who is and isn’t a good captain based on what you (think) you see during a game

Both surely - day to day training and when it matters.