Vardy Starts - George Hirst on the bench

We haven’t got the players to play this system. Our wing-back options are sh!t. Rhodes and Reach are just a waste of a shirt. Van Aken is as f***ing sh!t as he’s ever been. Neither Iorfa or Lees are comfortable in a back 3. Only Brown, Bannan and Luongo have looked anywhere near sharp enough. I know it’s only pre-season but the same old problems remain.

Edited by Jim
  • Haha 3

Just now, theowlsman said:

Tidy, effective, play but without a goal threat.

We might see a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 scorelines this season unless we can find those strikers we need.

We literally missed to clear cut chances

Just now, vulva said:

We are in a hole and needs characters. Players like Steve Watson, Michael Gray etc. I’m not convinced we’ve got anywhere near enough. The experienced players haven’t got it. 

I'd agree with that, dunkley seems a bit of one, but you need a few. 

Overall don't think that was too bad. However, kinda scary that we've actually got a competitive game next Saturday. 

Also we need a striker. 

• Like 1

HT thoughts: 

- I really like Brown, he’s got a bit of everything; speed, creativity, pressing ability etc

- Lees still doesn’t look comfortable in a back three

- Van Aken looks too lumbering to play in this league.

- I think Windass would be better suited to the role Reach is playing.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What??? How on earth have you come up with that? He’s look calm and assured without being spectacular. But describing him as woeful is just completely inaccurate. 

seriously don’t know what goes through people’s heads

Wednesday fans are a stubborn bunch. Once a player is disliked it’s virtually impossible they can win over some people. Footballers evolve and sometimes improve over time, but Hillsborough ain’t the place to do it. Still remember the Wednesday ‘faithful’ calling Grant Holt a “fat b*stard” as a 20(?) year old on his league debut, when he missed his first chance.

not good, but not bad - bit more composure needed particularly out wide, but we are working harder as a team.

Sometimes Palmer, Reach and Harris just need to get a first time cross in. People dis Rhodes but he's nothing delivered in the box quick from open play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

10000 of them are unobsessed grunters.

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

At half time.. Lees Van Aken Reach Rhodes awful 

Brown is quality

What have we learnt... nowt.. We don’t look solid and no creativity but we knew that 

it’ll be Xmas before we get to zero points.

Harsh on van Allen, did ok first half. Need to sign a RWB and a strong centre forward asap

1 minute ago, Jim said:

We haven’t got the players to play this system. Our wing-back options are sh!t. Rhodes and Reach are just a waste of a shirt. Van Aken is as f***ing sh!t as he’s ever been. Neither Iorfa or Lees are comfortable in a back 3. Only Brown, Bannan and Luongo have looked anywhere near sharp enough. I know it’s only ore-season but the same old problems remain.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What??? How on earth have you come up with that? He’s look calm and assured without being spectacular. But describing him as woeful is just completely inaccurate. 

seriously don’t know what goes through people’s heads

They are going past him as though he is not there , played people into trouble. 
I had big hopes for the lad when he came but he hasn’t improved 

no wonder we have made him available 

Thought we grew into the 1st half and should be in front. Not bad against a premiership team who won the title a few years ago and are in Europe again this year.

Conditions look tricky with them having the better of them. See what we can do with the wind behind us 2nd half.

Beyond me what some of you minges were expecting...