Vardy Starts - George Hirst on the bench

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

You would think though that Monk would want to play his starting line up or as close as possible for the season opener in the only friendly we have pencilled in? 

I know, for what it's worth I agree but Monk could think different. Would help if we knew who was on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbh, I'm not overly sold on this 3-5-2 thing. 

I know it is quite in vogue these days and can be a very exciting system when done properly, but I'm not sure we've got the players capable of doing that. 

The CBs always look a bit awkward to me when they're in a three (particularly the ones either side of the central CB) and I don't think we have the quality in the wide areas for wingbacks. 

...and we don’t have two strikers

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would think though that Monk would want to play his starting line up or as close as possible for the season opener in the only friendly we have pencilled in? 

It’s interesting that we have been drilling Palmer as the RWB, and that may be his role today, despite being unavailable for next weeks game

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brown the only new signing to start for us. 

The interviews suggested that Dunkley isn’t 100% yet ( probably why we got him). 
Reach up front is interesting. Wonder how he’ll do. The only ‘meh’ is van Aken.

Can’t figure out our line up. Hope we stay away from a back 3 as I don’t think we’ve got the personnel to play with wing backs. 

Hope it’s a 4231

Dawson

Iorfa

Lees

Van Aken

Palmer

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Brown

Harris

Rhodes

• Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Normally I’d agree but with the season starting with the cup this season I suppose it’s a bit different?

My concern is that we’ve only got one pre season friendly. I know we’ve not had a proper closed season or pre season. But ive seen a few teams have at least two if not more.

I just find the whole thing very under prepared. One striker between the whole senior squad and under 23s with two weeks till the league season starts and a week till the cup starts. Hopefully Monk and Rodgers become best friends today and he fires a few players in our direction. 

Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

Remember this is a game of assessment and experimentation so don't get too depressed if we get tonked.

Up the Owls

Come on Wednesday.

Do we know who is on the bench for us ?

Most likely the rest of the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we put a different 11 out in 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Remember this is a game of assessment and experimentation so don't get too depressed if we get tonked.

Up the Owls

Come on Wednesday.

Do we know who is on the bench for us ?

Too true, but even a proper tonking can be useful for focussing minds