Vardy Starts - George Hirst on the bench

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

We haven’t got the players to play this system. Our wing-back options are sh!t. Rhodes and Reach are just a waste of a shirt. Van Aken is as f***ing sh!t as he’s ever been. Neither Iorfa or Lees are comfortable in a back 3. Only Brown, Bannan and Luongo have looked anywhere near sharp enough. I know it’s only pre-season but the same old problems remain.

"Happy, happy, happy talk"

Do you do after dinner speaches, or pep talks? 😅

Just now, hugeowl said:

They are going past him as though he is not there , played people into trouble. 
I had big hopes for the lad when he came but he hasn’t improved 

no wonder we have made him available 

Mark Albrighton and Jamie Vardy have got past him like three times, therefore he isn't good enough?

I'm sceptical of him, but I'm going to give him more than 45 minutes against that lot to see what he can and can't do

1 minute ago, Animis said:

not good, but not bad - bit more composure needed particularly out wide, but we are working harder as a team.

Sometimes Palmer, Reach and Harris just need to get a first time cross in. People dis Rhodes but he's nothing delivered in the box quick from open play. 

Harris in particular. It's so strange that we only ever play him on the side of his weaker foot.

Just now, hugeowl said:

They are going past him as though he is not there , played people into trouble. 
I had big hopes for the lad when he came but he hasn’t improved 

no wonder we have made him available 

I honestly didn’t see that passage of play happen once in that first half.

All I’ve seen of him is a few sideways and forward balls into midfield 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Animis said:

not good, but not bad - bit more composure needed particularly out wide, but we are working harder as a team.

Sometimes Palmer, Reach and Harris just need to get a first time cross in. People dis Rhodes but he's nothing delivered in the box quick from open play. 

He doesn't get in the box, he is totally lost out of his depth. Loses the simple ball, weak ineffective passes, fails to make the tackle.  I wouldn't even consider him for the next game. 

Reach has made himself available working to get the ball.

We need 2 new strikers in before the season starts 

Make that 3 if Windass is one of the targets 

Gonna be another frustrating rubbish season 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Mark Albrighton and Jamie Vardy have got past him like three times, therefore he isn't good enough?

I'm sceptical of him, but I'm going to give him more than 45 minutes against that lot to see what he can and can't do

That's against some top class players and he's not getting much help from Harris and co.   

• Like 1

Thought that was a decent half to be honest. The mid three looks good. Harris ok, Don’t think that will be our starting back three. We know Palmer can’t play rwb. So we still need a couple of strikers, a rib and even though Dawson has does well I would still like a more experienced keeper in.

But overall against good opposition that was enjoyable.

• Like 1

Thought we were in for a proper hammering in the first ten minutes. They were carving us open and could’ve scored twice. We settled down after that though and should’ve scored at least one ourselves. Similar story to last season really, we have no cutting edge up front and don’t take our chances so it’s game over as soon as the opposites score. I like the look of Izzy Brown though — he’s a proper unit and looks good on the ball