Jordan Jones

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yet another player with a bad injury ffs. 

That appears to be the best pond we can fish in unfortunately.

Its either gamble on someone with a bit of pedigree (never heard of this lad) but an injury record or a gamble on a young unknown.

• Haha 1

Just googled him, as I was confused, as I had mistakenly thought the guy at Rangers was Jodi Jones, whatever happened to him? He looked like a world beater in those early days at Coventry, and then just seemed to disappear. Presumed it was the same chap who had gone to Rangers, but obviously not. 
Seem to recall we were linked to Jodi Jones as well, when he was a 19 year old

3 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Was really good for Kilmarnock when they finished 3rd under Steve Clarke. NI international too. Think he could be a decent signing and won't be an expensive option for us.

He fits the value model of highly rated player that’s lost his way. I’d rather us go after 5/6 players like this that we pick up whilst their stock is low than going after players at the peek of their value. 

Tried and tested model that worked for Fessi, Westwood, Lees, Bannan to name a few. Just hope we get better at selling them on once their stock rises. 

Only seen him play once for Northern Ireland , and he looked very impressive in that game............i will wait for Edinburgh or Belfast  owl to offer a more comprehensive report,  but if his ex Ireland boss at Stoke wants him then we will probably lose out.

Edited by sheriwozgod
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Just googled him, as I was confused, as I had mistakenly thought the guy at Rangers was Jodi Jones, whatever happened to him? He looked like a world beater in those early days at Coventry, and then just seemed to disappear. Presumed it was the same chap who had gone to Rangers, but obviously not. 
Seem to recall we were linked to Jodi Jones as well, when he was a 19 year old

Assuming you mean Cobi Jones? 50yrs old now, we're just trying to haggle him up to a three year contract (he wants to keep his options open with a two year one), might have to offer an extra few £k to secure his signature then we can announce him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobi_Jones

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

Assuming you mean Cobi Jones? 50yrs old now, we're just trying to haggle him up to a three year contract (he wants to keep his options open with a two year one), might have to offer an extra few £k to secure his signature then we can announce him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobi_Jones

Ha ha, no but he looked a bit like Cobi Jones