1 hour ago, briggowl said:

I sincerely hope we've learned our lesson and are not wasting 40k a week on any single wage!!! 

40k is a lot but how do any of us know if it would be a good investment or not . If he delivers 4 killer passes in the first 4 games that get us wins I’d say £40k is a good investment... but as none of us know then we just have to accept that successful football is expensive 

1 minute ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

Murphy was decent and would be great addition to the squad but 40k! I don’t know how long clubs are going to be able to keep paying wage bills like this with the Covid situation. Let’s hope we can have our footy back soon.

Sky bumping in millions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Rangers can't afford those wages either but he would destroy the SPL.

He would be wasted in Scotland. Rangers are a famous club but they play poor quality opposition most weeks. Murphy could be a star up there without breaking into a sweat in most  league games.

The Europa league might be more of a challenge and would be something to tell his grandkids about I suppose.

If he wants to improve his game he needs to be in the Championship until he can get a move back to the EPL.

Someone on here posted an article showing salaries of Owls players last season and, according to that, Murphy was on 25K. That seems a bit more likely and somewhat more affordable. Would love to have him back on that basis if we can afford the loan fee. Proven performer who could make the difference between us stopping up and going down which would cost a lot more than a million. So it would be a yes from me unless we have someone of a similar ilk with their pen hovering over a contract.

• Like 1

Don’t see Murphy coming back.

We appear to be sticking with a back 3 and using wing backs.

While he did ok in that role in an attacking sense I don’t see him agreeing to come back to Wednesday having to play wing back when he may have offers say from Forest and Rangers where he can play his natural role in a better team. 

On 28/08/2020 at 17:18, Derick Mills said:

Is he really worth 1mil loan fee + 40k per week

We need him, 1 mill isn't much these days in football terms but 40k a week? Not much considering the millions wasted on no shows over the last 3 yrs, let's start with abdi and keep counting. 

• Like 1