Clubs that fell off a cliff.

Anzhi Makhachkala

Sugar daddy owner pulled the plug after potash industry crashed and his health deteriorated. Now in the Russian third tier.

FC Dnipro (Dnipropetrovsk)

Europa League finalists five years ago, now am amateur club and the fans have their own phoenix club. A very messed up situation with their owner a huge Ukrainian oligarch.

Metalist Kharkiv

Europa League knockout regulars. Went down the pan after they were banned for match fixing, then their owner fled Ukraine after war started. Think they don't exist in any capacity now. They were a very good footballing side, and like their big rivals Dnipro, had a number of well known names play for them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Parma fell away massively from European challengers to bankruptcy. Now back in the top flight (I think).

Auxerre in France won a title and performed well in the top league for years before falling into obscurity.

I always think over the last few decades only Coventry have had it worse than us. Bolton, Wigan and Sunderland I think will have a good bash at that in the next few years.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

At a lower level, Darlington and York City spring to mind, I also recall seeing us lose at Stockport County in the pouring rain.

Didn't stockport lose a play-off final to get in to the top flight in the last 25 years or so?

Just not bothered...

Hartlepool have had a slide - [obviously] one match away from the Championship, and now in the National League.

Chesterfield too - from League One play-offs to National League.

Yeovil - from the Championship in 2013/14 (I think?) to, again, National League.