Three goalkeepers kicking on

18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s a shame off to London in January then.

and the rest of ‘em. Billy whose bad attitude was reinforced by mugs in our fanbase.

He didnt tho did he he was packed off by the manager.

He was one of our best players who was sorely missed in our demise.

• Like 1

It's the same rhetoric as every other pre-season about the players being happy and there being a good vibe about the place.

We all may as well repeat the words and really believe that this time is somehow even better than all the other pre-seasons that we were told that this is the best feeling amongst the players for a long time.

It's just extremely unfortunate that despite there being such an obvious year-on-year improvement in the ‘vibe’ we've managed to stay out of the Premiership for 20 years.

I'd get excited, of course, but instead I'd rather wait for next season's pre-season because I reckon it'll be the best vibe amongst the players there's been in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cowl said:

It's the same rhetoric as every other pre-season about the players being happy and there being a good vibe about the place.

We all may as well repeat the words and really believe that this time is somehow even better than all the other pre-seasons that we were told that this is the best feeling amongst the players for a long time.

It's just extremely unfortunate that despite there being such an obvious year-on-year improvement in the ‘vibe’ we've managed to stay out of the Premiership for 20 years.

I'd get excited, of course, but instead I'd rather wait for next season's pre-season because I reckon it'll be the best vibe amongst the players there's been in a long time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5922988

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Really nervous about the goalkeeping situation going into this season. Dawson and Wildsmith are not up to the required standard.

Put a decent defence in front of them and you don't need a fantastic goalkeeper to get out of the championship let alone stay in it. If Westwood is still rated one of the best by people on here it just shows how poor the rest are in the division.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Westwood should walk in to Monks office and tell him that he is available to play and if not picked will be only too happy to pass on his experience and knowledge to the other keepers at the club.

Monk should then agree to this and tell Westwood that the only reason he will pick player is if he feels he is the best one available to fulfill that role. 

A bit of professionalism and honesty from all sides wouldn't go amiss.  Confident that they have it in spades. 

100% this. But unfortunately monk and Westwood both seem to be very head strong. I can’t see this happening unfortunately. The sooner Westwood leaves the better IMO. Class keeper that doesn’t deserve to rot in the u21. Some other team would kill for a gk of his standard. 

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

100% this. But unfortunately monk and Westwood both seem to be very head strong. I can’t see this happening unfortunately. The sooner Westwood leaves the better IMO. Class keeper that doesn’t deserve to rot in the u21. Some other team would kill for a gk of his standard. 

Yeah probably both at fault to some degree.  But could be quickly sorted with a handshake.  

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Surely then we must be inundated with offers for him? Every club knows he’s in our under 23s and would be available to leave. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

If we get relegated next season then the club will only need to look at itself and its refusal to play our best players

But they wernt our best players when dropped were they? FF,Hutchinson,Westwood had all lost form,as well as the other 'alleged' issues...And wheres the Championship clubs fighting to sign them?...1 only interested in Westwood,& no signs to date of him moving.....

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Since December last year the team has been crying out for a leader and midfield player like SAM HUTCHINSON

Why hasnt he been snapped up than,by another Championship Club? Cost nothing,wages only,but still no new Club.....Whys that?.....Same with FF....why no announcement that he is playing for.....? In the Championship?..again wages only required...

21 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is exactly my point above, Bruce who is a good manager shows how to handle issues, and Monk who is a poor manager doesn't. And that is exactly what i think would have happened last year and Westwood and Hutch played we would have got enough points to have the deduction last year. 

I will back the team next year as i always do but i wont be backing Monk i really do think we will not progress until he has gone.

Woukd that be the Steve Bruce who froze out Ross McCormack at Villa over the locked gates affair? Some might say Bruce showed poor judgement by making the details public. Some people can’t get over the fact that two different managers at Hillsborough have decided that certain players are a bad influence and excluded them from first team affairs. Coincidence? I don’t think so. 

18 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Some people can’t get over the fact that two different managers at Hillsborough have decided that certain players are a bad influence and excluded them from first team affairs. Coincidence? I don’t think so. 

True.  Why are people so happy to make excuses for footballers too?  

Why is it the managers fault that he can't handle players with big egos and poor attitudes, should he really have to put up with crap like that at work?

If the manager has a team of players who are proud to wear the shirt (and do every blokes dream job for thousands a week) along with a bunch of young lads looking to come through and learn/develop, why would he want any negative influence that might disrupt that?  

If somebody at work acts up and is having a regular, negative effect on the working environment, the boss steps in and tells him to behave himself or f#ck off.  

Football should be no different. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Which would play right into Westwood’s hands again right before he declares himself injured after yet another howler goes in

WOW.........such negativity

lol

We will all find out soon enough if our squad has the required quality needed to offset minus 12

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

Its no coincidence that 2 of the worst managers in our clubs history have both fallen out with some of our very best players

OR

It's no coincidence that the same players have fallen out with two managers just trying to do their best with the shyytte hand dealt to them

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Like 1