Three goalkeepers kicking on

Does that mean Dawson is working on his distribution as his kicking last season was awful. lol

Look Westwood not playing is down to manager choice and I think fans are too quick to label them trouble makers when it pretty clear Monk does not want to play him.

But if Monk wont play him it helps no one to have a player on a silly wage still at the club, he needs to be sold, contract terminate by mutual or loan out and any payment towards his wages is better than us paying all of his wages.

• Like 1

Westwood should walk in to Monks office and tell him that he is available to play and if not picked will be only too happy to pass on his experience and knowledge to the other keepers at the club.

Monk should then agree to this and tell Westwood that the only reason he will pick player is if he feels he is the best one available to fulfill that role. 

A bit of professionalism and honesty from all sides wouldn't go amiss.  Confident that they have it in spades. 

• Like 6

Guest domSWFC

I saw the clips of the keepers training before and thought we were having Van Akan in the net. 

Thankfully it's just a youth keeper. 

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

I saw the clips of the keepers training before and thought we were having Van Akan in the net. 

Thankfully it's just a youth keeper. 

Ever seen them in the same room together?  Wednesday looking to ship Van Aken out, and  suddenly we also get a new goalkeeper.

• Haha 1

Liked that, the goalkeeping training I always find interesting for some reason. The tools they use to mimic deflections etc, how it's so based on reaction times. 

Looked like a happy bunch, Dawson seemed to be the one taking the lead a bit. Interesting to see Render as well getting some training in. 

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Westwood should walk in to Monks office and tell him that he is available to play and if not picked will be only too happy to pass on his experience and knowledge to the other keepers at the club.

Monk should then agree to this and tell Westwood that the only reason he will pick player is if he feels he is the best one available to fulfill that role. 

A bit of professionalism and honesty from all sides wouldn't go amiss.  Confident that they have it in spades. 

Well that wouldn't be very professional from Westwood. He should knock first. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does that mean Dawson is working on his distribution as his kicking last season was awful. lol

Look Westwood not playing is down to manager choice and I think fans are too quick to label them trouble makers when it pretty clear Monk does not want to play him.

But if Monk wont play him it helps no one to have a player on a silly wage still at the club, he needs to be sold, contract terminate by mutual or loan out and any payment towards his wages is better than us paying all of his wages.

Or my preference, Sack Monk and get a manager in who can handle players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let’s hope by some miracle both have massively improved since the season ended because imo neither are good enough to be number 1 here. Would love us to sign a new number one and send one of Wildsmith or Dawson out on loan. We need a strong keeper, a leader, someone that gives the players in front of him confidence. Neither of those 2 posses that imo. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Or my preference, Sack Monk and get a manager in who can handle players.

Look Monk gets our support as the chairman has kept him, but equally the chairman needs to make the fund available to get new players in and support his manager.

Having only signed 3 players of a likely 7 or 8 that we need with 8 days till the first game of the season and 15 days until the league starts is simply not acceptable for a team needing to get 12 points just to start the season.

But I remember reading a story about Bruce last season he had a high profile fall out with Saint Maximin but he didn't let his own feeling affect the team and played his strongest team and his goals and performance helped the team comfortably stay up.

Can you imaging Westwood did play and helped us get another 5 points in the bag, the EFL take the 12 points off us last season, we stay up by a point and start this season on 0 instead of -12. Because as I said, god knows how many times they wanted us to get enough to stay up with a deduction, its just Monk and his team that could only amass 8 points from 27 on offer. 

23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Since December last year the team has been crying out for a leader and midfield player like SAM HUTCHINSON

It’s a shame he off to London in January then.

*** and the rest of ‘em. Billy *********** whose bad attitude was reinforced by mugs in our fanbase.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look Monk gets our support as the chairman has kept him, but equally the chairman needs to make the fund available to get new players in and support his manager.

Having only signed 3 players of a likely 7 or 8 that we need with 8 days till the first game of the season and 15 days until the league starts is simply not acceptable for a team needing to get 12 points just to start the season.

But I remember reading a story about Bruce last season he had a high profile fall out with Saint Maximin but he didn't let his own feeling affect the team and played his strongest team and his goals and performance helped the team comfortably stay up.

Can you imaging Westwood did play and helped us get another 5 points in the bag, the EFL take the 12 points off us last season, we stay up by a point and start this season on 0 instead of -12. Because as I said, god knows how many times they wanted us to get enough to stay up with a deduction, its just Monk and his team that could only amass 8 points from 27 on offer. 

This is exactly my point above, Bruce who is a good manager shows how to handle issues, and Monk who is a poor manager doesn't. And that is exactly what i think would have happened last year and Westwood and Hutch played we would have got enough points to have the deduction last year. 

I will back the team next year as i always do but i wont be backing Monk i really do think we will not progress until he has gone.

Guest Grandad

Its no coincidence that 2 of the worst managers in our clubs history have both fallen out with some of our very best players