Believe

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Is Harris on spice?

Not only does he come out with the old cliché that Jordan Rhodes just needs a run of games and the right service, but he also describes James Beattie as "one of the best strikers the Premier League has ever seen".

Well for one season he was correct.

Oh the Wednesday way we take a striker who for the last 3 years has not been a regular in the team, because of manager after manager deeming him not good enough to even be in the match day squad let alone start games.

He has managed to scored 8 goals in 47 games over 3 season (1 season was out on loan) that equates to 3 a season of which last season they all came in 1 game.

He cost us £10m in transfer fees and about £2m a season in wages, so far each of his 8 goals have cost us £2m a piece. I bet you will struggle to find a football elsewhere in the world that has cost so much per goal.

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Rhodes story is like that of a winning Race horse.

In the Past he was top of his game winning everything and performing well. 

They then retired him to a Stud farm only to find out he's firing blanks all the time.

time to let him run free and graze off someone elses field .

Are you comparing Hillsborough to a stud farm? WTF:

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
43 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Neil Mellor is getting a lot of activity on Twitter at the moment, if we had someone with his work rate, ability and knack for scoring goals I would feel a lot happier. 

Its not a bad shout - but I'll be honest I think hes probably a little old.

I'd give him a run instead of Rhodes though?

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would absolutely love Rhodes to have a great season for us. The lad gets some shocking abuse, be great to prove a lot of people wrong. 

It wouldn't really be proving people wrong it wouldn't change the fact he's been poo the rest of the time, it would be him turning it around, which I'd be glad to see of course.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Realistically who do you have in mind?  

I've no idea who they will bring in, but I'm not anticipating a big name like Fletcher. And like I said a lesser mortal who can contribute for the majority of the games, twice a week at a consistent level would be better than Fletcher for SWFC. As long as its a positive contribution. 

I hope that we can bring someone in with pace as well as a decent shot on them. 

• Like 1