Believe

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The quality balls were crossed into the box time after time last season, he was found wanting. 

They reall weren't. I can't remember Harris putting a cross in after lockdown. This is not knocking Harris by the way, I really hope he gets to play on the right  as he would benefit hugely.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

They reall weren't. I can't remember Harris putting a cross in after lockdown. This is not knocking Harris by the way, I really hope he gets to play on the right  as he would benefit hugely.

It frustrated me how many times we got the ball in the right scoring areas and only Fetcher had the presence of mind to take advantage.

Kind words from Harris about Rhodes, but he's hardly going to tell the truth is he?..."he's done fizz all for 3 seasons, sits on the bench every week and still earns twice what I do!"

I'd like to think we'll see some input from Rhodes, but lets face it, the only reason he'll get a game is because we literally have no other choice.  

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It was in front of goal it was painful, his approach play was as good as anyone and better than most in the club.  

That's why I wouldn't have back even though I did champion him in his early days.  He failed to score.   

If running down blind alleys and allowing defenders back to reshape was as good as anyone and better than most then no wonder we struggled so much.

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Kadeem referring to Rhodes as 'the strikers' is a bit unnerving. 

Interesting that he says that himself and Rhodes have been working with Beattie which might imply we'll see Harris as a forward option in some capacity and not as a wing back like we did towards the end of last season

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would absolutely love Rhodes to have a great season for us. The lad gets some shocking abuse, be great to prove a lot of people wrong. 

I've never known such a serially underperforming highly paid player get such a patient, supportive reaction. 

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, Emilianenko said:

If running down blind alleys and allowing defenders back to reshape was as good as anyone and better than most then no wonder we struggled so much.

No it wasn't that, it was finding space, beating defenders, putting decent balls in to the box, good from dead ball situations.

For all that he didn't score, so I agree with you that he isn't up to the standard we require and will be disappointed if he comes back unless we sign another three forwards.

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It was in front of goal it was painful, his approach play was as good as anyone and better than most in the club.  

That's why I wouldn't have back even though I did champion him in his early days.  He failed to score.   

It's amazing how all our strikers end up having a lack of confidence in front of goal despite good build up play.

In other news we have one of the most negative sounding home crowds in the world of football. The groans when anything goes slightly wrong in minute one are horrendous at Hillsborough. Sure the two are unconnected though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

It's amazing how all our strikers end up having a lack of confidence in front of goal despite good build up play.

In other news we have one of the most negative sounding home crowds in the world of football. The groans when anything goes slightly wrong in minute one are horrendous at Hillsborough. Sure the two are unconnected though.

Neil Mellor is getting a lot of activity on Twitter at the moment, if we had someone with his work rate, ability and knack for scoring goals I would feel a lot happier. 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No it wasn't that, it was finding space, beating defenders, putting decent balls in to the box, good from dead ball situations.

For all that he didn't score, so I agree with you that he isn't up to the standard we require and will be disappointed if he comes back unless we sign another three forwards.

Thats a wonderful imagination you have.