Bookies odds for the coming season

46 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

No time to celebrate Inspector. I have to think about all those poor Rotherham Owls in these unsettling times. They will, without doubt, be besides themselves with these predictions from SkyBet. My heartfelt sympathies go out to them. They must feel really dumb today. 

I didn’t know it was mandatory to support who’s the geographically closest to a home/mortgage. On this theory Man U are screwed 🤣

47 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

It would have been unthinkable when I was a young man that any of the top four clubs in that list would be vying for a place in the top league.

It just goes to show how TV money has skewed the competition in favour of the little clubs.

All four of those would have been in the bottom two leagues. It is slightly sickening.

Surely little clubs having a chance of success is a good thing?

21 hours ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Have Bristol City had a points deduction too?

19th below dingles and toytown. 

Whataloadofshite. 

Don't think we'll go down either and I certainly don't have Millwall down for 4th.

and yet i've tried and tried to see us staying up but i just cant. funny how 2 people see things so differently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

and yet i've tried and tried to see us staying up but i just cant. funny how 2 people see things so differently.

Gave up predicting on us..after hull final, we were dead certs for promotion yr after..everbody said so.

Best thing to do is see how we are playing after 3 - 4 games, if ok or better, lump on staying up, before the bookies notice.

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

You're just seeing things how they are, not how you wish they were.

We'd need a top manager to keep this lot up, especially with the points penalty.

Colin might do it, Monk's probably got more chance of walking on the moon.

9 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Surely little clubs having a chance of success is a good thing?

it's not that so much as clubs with large fanbases are not benefiting from the supporter base. Before Sky Money successful clubs needed a large fan base to earn enough to compete. Now you have a situation where Sky distributes wealth in a way that skews the pyramid. Their sponsorship of Salford City is one of the more galling examples.

There are far more Owls supporters who subscribe to Sky Sports than Bournemouth Supporters yet they (without their parachute payment) will receive the same as the Owls. In other words some Owls supporters' money ends up in Bournemouth's coffers. I feel that this is unfair. I have no real problem with a low income club out performing their budget at all, this is the magic of football. its quite different when a TV company aided and abetted by the EFL is affecting the integrity of the game.

Edited by mark1948