Bookies odds for the coming season

58 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Looked at Barnsley's position and completely discounted the lot. lol

Same here, had a very quick glance, stopped at barnsley, had a chuckle to myself whilst shaking my head and will now leave the post...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Did you watch us last season, with a stronger squad than we have now?

I did, horrendous

Just looking at that table and the bookies would average as mid table. Probably about right if we sort out our defence, midfield, attack and goalkeeper 🙈

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Staggers me that the bookies think we are only 10/1 to finish top 6. Top 6 last season finished on 60 points, so we'd need 72 (WBA last season) to finish top 6 with the deduction. One of the worst prices ive ever seen

Maybe hedging their bets incase we win the appeal? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

TBF Barnsley finished well, look like they have a plan, are already 12 points in front of us, and I don’t see us taking six points of them next season as it stands. Maybe 1?so that would put them 16 points ahead of us? 

Agreed.

The Dingles have a good manager, who got them playing very well towards the end of the season. If he is backed just a little by the owners they will be a very tidy outfit next time out. Full of energy and nobodies whipping boys.  I think they will be fairly comfortable, but won't finish above Norwich, who have made a couple of decent signing so far and already had a team who know this league very wel.

• Like 2

Is anyone really surprised the bookies think we are going down?  Worrying times ahead.

10 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

They had us bottom last summer so at least that shows some improvement in the way others see us. High fives all round! 

No they didn't.

There was a Sky Sports poll that was released last July, which you might be thinking of.  Voted for by online fans, that had us bottom.

Very easy to manipulate that sort of arbitrary online poll and ultimately meaningless.

Would have been easy for pigs, Leeds, Rotherham etc fans to register a vote putting us bottom.  Football fans are quite childish like that.

The bookies; totally different comparison.  They don't get too much wrong.

9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Think the odds are right......

Z.jpg

funny you should post that photo.  i just watched that andre preview err previn sketch today 

if you need a good laugh (and most of us on here do) watch it on youtube. one of the best morcambe and wise skits ever

meanwhile i don't see us going down this season too many other hapless teams in this division 

also wouldn't be surprised if a couple of teams go into admin if the fans can't attend 

Edited by Whitecap Owl
add