Assuming we play 352 I hope to see Reach and Harris as our wing-backs week in week out. I hope we FINALLY see Reach on the left and Harris right.

If we change to 442 sometimes Reach is our best LW by a distance.

Hate him as second striker.

OK in CM in an injury-crisis, but not ideal. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Assuming we play 352 I hope to see Reach and Harris as our wing-backs week in week out. I hope we FINALLY see Reach on the left and Harris right.

If we change to 442 sometimes Reach is our best LW by a distance.

Hate him as second striker.

OK in CM in an injury-crisis, but not ideal. 

I'd agree with the 442 scenario but not the wing-back one. Wing-backs still need to defend and I haven't seen anything to suggest he is comfortable with that.

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Reach is a good player 

He's best on the right cutting in for the shot. 

But also good on the left. 

He lost form last season but alot did 

I honestly think the change in coaching staff will do players the world of good.

If you always so the same things, don't be surprised when the results are the same. Or something.

Bookmarks thread for when plenty of you change your tune.

Edited by Anthndav
Tuna
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

Where is he gonna play this season?

In a 3-5-2 the obvious place for him looks like LWB but he had a horror show there against Swansea. 

Then maybe you’d say centre mid. But you’d say Luongo, Bannan, Brown and maybe Hunt and Fizz ahead of him there. 

So I can see him playing 10 just off Rhodes for the first couple of games unless we get more forwards. 

I personally would be happy to offload and replace him

He has no obvious place/position in our team anymore

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

To play wing back he's too weak defensively and looks to avoid tackling, which also makes him ineffective playing centrally he's just too lightweight for that. Has to play as an old fashioned left winger where he can put decent crosses and balls into the box, that's his position for me. If Monk doesn't plan on playing like that then i suggest we move him on.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sticky belly said:

To play wing back he's too weak defensively and looks to avoid tackling, which also makes him ineffective playing centrally he's just too lightweight for that. Has to play as an old fashioned left winger where he can put decent crosses and balls into the box, that's his position for me. If Monk doesn't plan on playing like that then i suggest we move him on.

Sums it up for me also

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't see what what Luongo brings to the party.

Perhaps it might be better to watch him playing football rather than trying to see what he takes to parties.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He's got to play wing back otherwise there's no place for him in a 3-5-2.  He should be competing with Harris and Penney for that LWB slot (tho like @Holmowl would prefer Harris at RWB).

In my opinion he is a better player than both of them. 

• Like 2

Got to be LWB. If he improves his defending a bit he’s got all the other attributes to be a very good LWB. But he has to improve on last seasons form otherwise he’ll be on the bench.

• Like 1

Did his best work wide in a 442. I've lost patience with him after last season, don't see where he fits in the team as we set up now. 

Appalling at wing back when given the chance and clueless in central midfield. 

12 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Got to be LWB. If he improves his defending a bit he’s got all the other attributes to be a very good LWB. But he has to improve on last seasons form otherwise he’ll be on the bench.

It's got to be more than "a bit" :rolleyes:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Does he though mate, he can’t tackle, has no positional sense in regards to his defending responsibility, and he isn’t particularly dynamic going forward It’s not like he’s gonna make a dash for the byeline 

His attributes are his energy to get up and down, but not at any great speed, and the ability to deliver a great cross with his left foot. He also has an impressive shot, but that’s unlikely to come into play if he is a LWB He is also not the sort of player who looks to get into the box when the ball is on the opposite flank All these things are the job of a wingback 

Edited by gurujuan

Reach is ok on the right cutting in and attacking.

Last season though when cutting back he always played the ball backwards instead of what he used to do, he was reluctant to attack obviously a lack of confidence but he changed his game. 

At the moment right hand side is weak unless Murphy returns so he has a chance in that position not as a RWB though. 

He still has transfer value so i would be tempted to cash in on him and use the money wisely.