Strikers/ Forwards

Got a feeling we'll get an experienced Danny Graham, Leon Clarke or Chris Martin type to replace Fletcher. Lots of pace, crosses and creativity, required if we do have an experienced target man. In that instance, Brown with his creativity, looks a very smart signing. Could do with going for someone like Tyler Walker or McCauley Bonne for energy in attack. Going by last season, we desperately need Murphy back on loan or to get someone similar. 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Got a feeling we'll get an experienced Danny Graham, Leon Clarke or Chris Martin type to replace Fletcher. Lots of pace, crosses and creativity, required if we do have an experienced target man. In that instance, Brown with his creativity, looks a very smart signing. Could do with going for someone like Tyler Walker or McCauley Bonne for energy in attack. Going by last season, we desperately need Murphy back on loan or to get someone similar. 

would be pleased with Chris Martin but I think wages could be a problem. Walker or Bonne could be very good options. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

would be pleased with Chris Martin but I think wages could be a problem. Walker or Bonne could be very good options. 

Me too, Martin is kind of similar to Fletcher in some ways? He's one of those players, not much liked by other teams fans but only really appreciated by his teammates and fans. Someone who puts their body on the line, others can feed off and still capable of being among the goals at this, level.

Murphy or a similar player, that can be as effective has him, is in my opinion, just as important as replacing Fletcher. Plus getting in some other options to give us something different and energy upfront. The dynamism could come from Brown and Murphy or whoever can replicate Murphy's effectiveness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I have a feeling when this is resolved that we will have cast the net far wider than anyone will have supposed.

I hope so, but how do you explain our supposed interest in Windass and DaCruz. That doesn’t suggest we’ve been casting the net very far

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I have a feeling when this is resolved that we will have cast the net far wider than anyone will have supposed.

Already looking that way isn’t it. Reassuring to know we have failed to secure targets and anyone we are tapping up now is second to who we were after. Sure agents will be adding zeros on as our desperation worsens.

7 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Rhodes alongside Dawson, to add a bit of height.

Be like a modern-day Warhurst story, just even better. When teams previously said that they did not know what to make of Dave, love to see what they would make of our take on goalie-wag. 😂

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6