The Garry Monk Era is here...

Just now, parajack said:

results improved,for a while....we know all that,but both lost form didnt they?became allegedly injured?....as well as 'other' factors..really need to move on now,from two players without the best injury record,in their 30s....its been done to death.....I dont see Hutchinsons 'london' Club materialising yet,why hasnt he been snapped up,if he is so good,and comes without allegedly 'baggage'? same with Westwood,where are all the offers?..If he is that good,sides should be prepared to pay his wages...

Don't forget Hutchinson played 23 games up till January.

Westwood was out of form.

But nobody will ever convince me, that having Dawson in goal over Westwood and Pelupessy in midfield over Hutchinson is a better option!

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Ooohhh was that a dig there?

No mate not at all

I was just stating my own personal position

Other people may have other opinions or want to support 'hutch' and 'westy' over the long term success of the football club - that's their prerogative entirely!

*note - please don't report posts that you just don't agree with - that's a total waste of the mods time*

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Don't forget Hutchinson played 23 games up till January.

Westwood was out of form.

But nobody will ever convince me, that having Dawson in goal over Westwood and Pelupessy in midfield over Hutchinson is a better option!

Yes,but we are looking back again,whats the point?We know that alleged non footballing issues in the main were the ones(as well as loss of form) that were behind them not playing...time to focus on the coming season...let it go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

They're not - you're 100% bang on

But we need to (and will do) find alternatives that AREN'T 'Hutch' and 'Westy'

lol

We've already sorted midfield

Looks like it will be Luongo, Bannan and that new lad

The keeper situation definitely needs sorting but there's no way on planet earth that Westwood should be anywhere near the new Garry Monk era now.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Yes,but we are looking back again,whats the point?We know that alleged non footballing issues in the main were the ones(as well as loss of form) that were behind them not playing...time to focus on the coming season...let it go

It's a discussion forum, where people discuss opinions.

I agree whats done is done, doesn't mean I don't agree with what was done!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No mate not at all

I was just stating my own personal position

Other people may have other opinions or want to support 'hutch' and 'westy' over the long term success of the football club - that's their prerogative entirely!

But nobody actually supports Westy and Hutch, over the long term sucess of the club do they?

Think we all just want what’s best for the team? So the discussion comes down to wether the team would have been better with or without those two? It’s been done to death and it’s gone. Not really much point falling out about It anymore. Neither will play again for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Think we all just want what’s best for the team? So the discussion comes down to wether the team would have been better with or without those two? It’s been done to death and it’s gone. Not really much point falling out about It anymore. Neither will play again for us. 

I think some people believe that Westwood is coming back into the first time though - it causes them to keep pushing his name forward as a solution

It really is painful

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Starting to worry that the feel good factor could be a concerted public relations exercise by the club, get the local jurnos onside, keep making stylish promotional videos etc, which I'm all in favour of. 

But is it all smoke and mirrors?

Up to now we have made one decent signing the other two are a decent run of the mill championship defender and an untried young lad.  We might sign Windass but surely he's not the answer to our goal scoring problems.

We still need four or five quality signings, at least three of which need to be attackers.

We running out of time, we need to be looking at Cardiff for three points but at this rate we will be putting out a team weaker than the one we finished the season with.

The recruitment team need to get their fingers out sharpish. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Starting to worry that the feel good factor could be a concerted public relations exercise by the club, get the local jurnos onside, keep making stylish promotional videos etc, which I'm all in favour of. 

But is it all smoke and mirrors?

Up to now we have made one decent signing the other two are a decent run of the mill championship defender and an untried young lad.  We might sign Windass but surely he's not the answer to our goal scoring problems.

We still need four or five quality signings, at least three of which need to be attackers.

We running out of time, we need to be looking at Cardiff for three points but at this rate we will be putting out a team weaker than the one we finished the season with.

The recruitment team need to get their fingers out sharpish. 

Sshhh!

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think some people believe that Westwood is coming back into the first time though - it causes them to keep pushing his name forward as a solution

It really is painful

Probably because he is still the best of the three keepers we have. Not going to happen but I still don’t like the abuse he gets. He was a very good keeper for us. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't you think there were extraordinary mitigating circumstances last season at all?

I think anyone who listened to the recent Bannan interview will have gleaned some information in the struggles GM had. Not only the “rumoured” unrest in the dressing room but going form one match to the other with no time in between and no coaching assistants he could rely on. 
I accept it’s about opinions but I just wish some would try and put some perspective on his situation. 
He has now got his team around him, a short ore season and the first of 3 or 4 transfer windows   It’s time to get behind him

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Even Klopp would struggle to polish a turd, our squad currently looks weaker than the second half of last season.  

Without signing any more decent players then finishing 4th bottom is going to be a massive achievement.  At least we seem to be following the financial rules now so come next season we can rebuild again, hopefully in the championship.  That’s where my optimism level is right now 

Edited by Owls-Fan