Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

I won’t miss these 3. 

thommo is too Liverpool biased

LeTiss same but Southampton. 

you can often hear them in the background cheering when l’pool or soton score despite being paid to watch/ analyse a different game 

champagne Charlie is rubbish. Can’t even talk properly.  Says things like “ he should have went down the left “

I think they play up the whole partisanship and OTT shouts when there has been a chance. It’s all part of the theatre. 

Daily Mail reporting Jeff is considering walking out. Which I’m sure is not just a stunt to get a pay rise...

• Like 1

Not read this thread but it’s ironic that Merson is the worst pundit out of all 4 and he’s the one they’ve kept, for entertainment I guess. Seeing as he can’t remember or pronounce anyone’s names and repeats the same thing when he talks, is he worth signing Paul? “ Totally worth it totally worth it, yeah I mean, I think so, totally worth it. No brainier really, when I was at Arsenal we would have signed him, all day long, so yeah, totally worth it I’d say”. 

As posted they will have the likes of Sue Smith, Clinton and Eluko on the panel. So one less programme for me to watch and can spend more time with my non-football loving partner 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 22:52, owls maniac said:

Tricky one for Sky really. They must know that the existing team is popular for the reasons you’ve mentioned. But ultimately they are a business with a huge public profile, and in the current climate they are trying to get ahead of the curve by making their presenters more representative. 

I’m sure they are banking on the hope that the new team will be very good and no one will really notice the change. Much in the same way they replaced Keys and Grey. 

They had a winning formula, it worked and worked well. It was like a bunch of mates talking about football, exactly what it should be about. It's a shame, as I strongly suspect, they have caved in to the  politicallly correct, diverse brigade. 

• Like 1

If its anything like the monstrosity that BT or the BBC put on in future it will be an epic fail. 

That said the show is about the chemistry which is what sets it apart, and if they recruit new guys well, or change the format don't see the issue. 

Same thing when they got shut of Marsh, Best etc and brought in Merston and Le Tiss (not the best pundits but likeable to begin with) 

21 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They had a winning formula, it worked and worked well. It was like a bunch of mates talking about football, exactly what it should be about. It's a shame, as I strongly suspect, they have caved in to the  politicallly correct, diverse brigade. 

They created the winning formula long before these four were on. Rodney Marsh was probably still the best at this type of thing. He went controversially, George Best obviously moved on too and eventually they got a constant four panelists who worked well too and will in future.

I will be surprised if Clinton doesn't get it. Don't get why so many people don't like him as he's probably the most entertaining of any of them. Probably it's just because of his accent or the way he speaks.

Sue Smith too I would prefer over Alex Scott. Alex is very poor on GoS and when she was away doing strictly or whatever, her replacement was always much better at presenting. Although maybe on a panel she would be better, who knows.

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

They had a winning formula, it worked and worked well. It was like a bunch of mates talking about football, exactly what it should be about. It's a shame, as I strongly suspect, they have caved in to the  politicallly correct, diverse brigade

Or as it's known "society".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just not bothered...

On 27/08/2020 at 11:53, FlyingOwl said:

Pure charisma and charm and personality. It’s half the battle.

It’s how Paul Merson has managed all this time. Loveable. 

Bang on with Clinton, can't help but love the guy. Seems a top lad.

And those three are no loss, especially Pinoccio.

Edited by Steelman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Bang on with Clinton, can't help but love the guy. Seems a top lad.

And those three are no loss, especially Pinoccio.

Clinton can barely string a sentence together, but he ticks the ethnicity box so will probably get the gig.

You know, with him being Irish. 

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2020 at 09:28, S36 OWL said:

What if the new one is even better though?

Why the assumption that because someone black might be on it that it’s going to be worse?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Let him, they don't owe him anything

Reads out football scores on Saturday, that's all.

Nah 

What he does isn’t just very well done it’s actually incredible

When you study what he does, how he does it, and his knowledge that is instant it’s mindblowing

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Not a big fan of Alex Scott as a pundit - great player though!

She's bubbly and enthusiastic and very positive - but i don't think she's very analytical

I much prefer Rachel Finnis-Brown - very abrupt, very clinical, extremely critical yet straightforward and i think she is exceptional at analysing the play then deconstructing it

A bit like a female Alan Hansen as a pundit

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah 

When you study what he does, how he does it, and his knowledge that is instant it’s mindblowing

I agree.

Jeff Stelling is an excellent tv presenter. That show in the hands of someone else is either a mess or worse, a bit boring.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah 

He is good, but he's not that good. Loads of people could also do a good job

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He is good, but he's not that good. Loads of people could also do a good job

Nope you’re wrong

Watch him closely 

He’s insanely good

A goal goes in and he instantly reels off stats, facts, figures and info that is NOT being fed to him or written down for him 

Hes incredibly knowledgeable, fast, accurate, funny and exciting 

Tell me a single other person who can do what he does - you just can’t 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop