Dean Windass moves closer....

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

strange how happy they are he is going, they really seem to dislike him for some reason? Agree with what you say, I don’t know what position he really plays. We need strikers and I don’t think he is one of them. 

He fell out with the manager apparently. Bit like Westwood and Hutch. Plenty of our fans want shot of those two. Ignoring whether they are good players or not, why pay wages to players who will never play for you again.

I suspect Windass is in a similar position with their fans. I think he's a bargain for us. I'm not saying he's an outstanding player just that you don't get much for £450k, he's worth more. Give it a couple of years and we could turn a decent profit.

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

He fell out with the manager apparently. Bit like Westwood and Hutch. Plenty of our fans want shot of those two. Ignoring whether they are good players or not, why pay wages to players who will never play for you again.

I suspect Windass is in a similar position with their fans. I think he's a bargain for us. I'm not saying he's an outstanding player just that you don't get much for £450k, he's worth more. Give it a couple of years and we could turn a decent profit.

And you'll find a sizeable chunk of Wednesday fans who are unhappy about how Hutch and Westwood have been treated - regardless of the rights and wrongs. Do many Wigan fans think the same about Windass?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And you'll find a sizeable chunk of Wednesday fans who are unhappy about how Hutch and Westwood have been treated - regardless of the rights and wrongs. Do many Wigan fans think the same about Windass?

No good asking me, ask them.

I deliberately didn't want to get drawn on the rights and wrongs of the Hutch, Westwood saga, it's been done to death and people have made their minds up where they stand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

No good asking me, ask them.

I deliberately didn't want to get drawn on the rights and wrongs of the Hutch, Westwood saga, it's been done to death and people have made their minds up where they stand.

Me neither which is why I said regardless of rights and wrongs. You made the comparison in the first place. I didn’t see many people quoting Wigan fans saying nice things about Windass whereas you’ll find plenty of Wednesday fans praising the Hillsborough Two. 

• Like 1