Dean Windass moves closer....

Josh Windass is a better player than Rhodes, Nuhiu, Winnall and Joao, he will also play more games than Fletcher and Forestieri.

Therefore, he would improve our squad from this time last season and for under half a million, that would be a bargain.

Especially, when you consider the money we spent on Rhodes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Josh Windass is a better player than Rhodes, Nuhiu, Winnall and Joao, he will also play more games than Fletcher and Forestieri.

Therefore, he would improve our squad from this time last season and for under half a million, that would be a bargain.

Compared to Rhodes, yes he would seem like a bargain, better than Joao? I wish. It’s unbelievable, a year ago we were able to bring on the likes of Joao, Forestieri and Nuhiu. Now, we might be starting with two players, one we don’t want, but who’s only suitors are league one club Ipswich, and another who isn’t wanted by fellow league one club Wigan Deary me

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

As I’ve said before I don’t really think Windass is what we need but 450k sounds cheap imo. Really do think we should be raiding Wigan for a few more, wonder how cheap we could get Morsy for. 

Morsy would be a far more smarter signing in my opinion. Someone who could allow the likes of Brown and Bannan to play to their strengths, get forward and create. And could also provide the protection for our defence that was leaky last season. The type of player we have lacked since the Hutchinson of the failed play off campaigns. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Not disagreeing, but what are you basing him being a” far better” player than those you mention. His scoring record is hardly prolific, and who is to say he wont pick up injuries like fletch and FF did?

16 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I agree. If he joins us, I reckon Windass will definitely play more games for us this season than Fletcher and Forestieri. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Nixon on twitter saying its all but done, probably just a medical and sign on the dotted line.

£450k, good deal but would like 2 more strikers better!

yes definitely. He isn’t an out and out striker which is what we are desperate for. He will be okay as a squad player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully Beattie will be able to work on his finishing. QPR game especially he got in some great positions but his finishing was shocking. 

Called me old fashioned, nothing against what you put Waltham, but the fact that Beattie is having teach professional footballers how to score goals is beyond funny. 

£450K for Windass is a very good deal imo, he has the potential to be a good player.  He scored 3 goals in 9 games for us in a very poor side, which would be about 15 goals a season.  He worked with Beattie when he was only 21? and has gone on to gain experience at Rangers and Wigan, so hopefully working back with a coach he likes he will kick on again.  Obviously still need a couple of main strikers and hopefully we have some funds set aside for those deals 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I hope you are right with all these comparisons.

I fear you are wrong. Can’t even put my finger on what position he plays. Never a striker. Advanced midfielder maybe?

Wigan fans over the moon he’s gone.

But like I say, hope you are a better judge than me. I just don’t see what he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I fear you are wrong. Can’t even put my finger on what position he plays. Never a striker. Advanced midfielder maybe?

But like I say, hope you are a better judge than me. I just don’t see what he is.

strange how happy they are he is going, they really seem to dislike him for some reason? Agree with what you say, I don’t know what position he really plays. We need strikers and I don’t think he is one of them. 

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

strange how happy they are he is going, they really seem to dislike him for some reason? Agree with what you say, I don’t know what position he really plays. We need strikers and I don’t think he is one of them. 

I think that’s down to attitude. Coming from Rangers he probably thinks he’s big time at little old Wigan. Just a guess though. 

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

A journey man looking for his last contract.