Clubs approve P&S rule changes.

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

So championship clubs are allowed to lose 13 million a year but clubs relegated from the Premier can lose £35 million in their first year in the championship 

Fair play my ar53 

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

"while sides relegated from the Premier League are allowed to make losses of up to £35m " .... So relegated CLUBS have a £80M start on all the other clubs and we fuckingvoted for it? WTF !

The accounting year of when they were in the Prem will be the year for which they're allowed the 35 million in losses.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

"while sides relegated from the Premier League are allowed to make losses of up to £35m " .... So relegated CLUBS have a £80M start on all the other clubs and we fuckingvoted for it? WTF !

Madness ain't it 

Bournemouth have sold nearly £80 million of talent, have failed payments and a billionaire owner 

No way will they lose money but still get the luxery of having a 22 million quid lose advantage of 21 other teams 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

Does this mean you can effectively go sit or bust in your third year and then sell everyone off in your fourth to cover it and does it mean that the amount you can loose has raised if so we best start getting these players signed garymegson

I don't think so because the four years are rolling from one season to the next, so in any one stretch of 4 consecutive seasons, the permitted losses will apply.

There is certainly merit to the financial burden incurred by clubs who are on a Premier League operating budget while playing in the Championship. But for the system to work, there should be restrictions on what the extended allowance covers, so that it's only expenses carried over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Yea transfer fees will now be spread over 4 seasons so that's better atleast

I thought outgoing transfer fees were spread over the term of the players contract.

• Like 1

Why not just call it the premier rules and everyone else your fizzed.

What a complete and utter joke but for me what is worse is the EFL chairman have signed off on it too. Do these people DC included realise the impact it will have on them trying to complete with teams starting with £40m extra income and can lose £35m more.

For me the chairman of the EFL teams are the problem not the governing bodies.

• Like 3

Why can't they increase the P&S limits for the non parachute payment recieving clubs to the same amount that the parachute payment clubs receive or allowed to spend? It seems it's getting harder for non parachute payment clubs to compete with the several parachute recieving clubs. It's hard to see any of the non parachute payment clubs going up, other than Brentford but I wouldn't be surprised if all three that go up are clubs recieving parachute payments. 

• Like 2

Guest The Horse

It doesn't beggar belief though when the majority of EFL clubs will never be in a position to fight for promotion to the Premier League.

It's in their best interests to throttle the majority back to somewhere near their level.
Only way out is for Prem League 2.

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Why can't they increase the P&S limits for the non parachute payment recieving clubs to the same amount that the parachute payment clubs receive or allowed to spend? It seems it's getting harder for non parachute payment clubs to compete with the several parachute recieving clubs. It's hard to see any of the non parachute payment clubs going up, other than Brentford but I wouldn't be surprised if all three that go up are clubs recieving parachute payments. 

Agree, at least level the field and give everyone a fair shot. If parachute payments to remain, at least give everyone the same limit.  It cannot be sustainable to allow relegated teams to have such a financial advantage.

I cant believe clubs accept and apparently vote for this poo. 

• Like 3