Successful season?

I don't know about you guys, but i am very confident with how pre-season has gone. Signed some good young/cheap players, and Monk has brought in his coaching staff. No matter what people think of Monk, or the players they need our full support in this season to remain a championship club and build on it.

The main point, is what would you class as a successful season if we do start on -12? 

I think, if we can finish between 10th-16th that would be a successful season.

Anyway, off for a full English breakfast, thanks for taking time out of your day to read. All the best, god bless.

SwintonLad99

• Like 4

If the points deduction remains at -12 then we just need to ride this season out and stay up. By doing that we have real momentum to build upon next season.

There's an underdog challenge about us which some players will thrive on. We are 2nd favourites for relegation. It looks as though the penny has dropped and we are getting the infrastructure in place. It's a season to consolidate on and build upon. It's imperative we get off to a good start though.

19 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

stopping up will be a sucessful season

Agree, that has to be the target if we have a points deduction. 

Otherwise, if by some good fortune it is removed on appeal, should be aiming for top 10, maybe a run at the top 6 depending on our recruitment up front. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I honestly think the 12pts will be reversed or at least halved, especially since Derby got off. By that point we’ll already have taken advantage of a siege mentality and nabbed plenty of points. Also, the league looks carp this year (though I say that every season...). Playoffs for me.

I think people might be in for a shock if they think we'll be touching the top half. Minus 12 is an incredible handicap. In reality it might take us about 7-8 games to even get to zero points. 

Doesn't matter how many points it is but 4th bottom is all that matters. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
25 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

I don't know about you guys, but i am very confident with how pre-season has gone. Signed some good young/cheap players, and Monk has brought in his coaching staff. No matter what people think of Monk, or the players they need our full support in this season to remain a championship club and build on it.

The main point, is what would you class as a successful season if we do start on -12? 

I think, if we can finish between 10th-16th that would be a successful season.

Anyway, off for a full English breakfast, thanks for taking time out of your day to read. All the best, god bless.

SwintonLad99

Yeah I’m reight confident. Two useless keepers, no strikers, -12 and Monk still in charge....wait a minute....

(Disclaimer: I am moderately pleased with business done so far but it’s nowhere near enough)

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I honestly think the 12pts will be reversed or at least halved, especially since Derby got off. By that point we’ll already have taken advantage of a siege mentality and nabbed plenty of points. Also, the league looks carp this year (though I say that every season...). Playoffs for me.

Derby’s result is NOTHING to do with us. Two completely different cases. We fiddled the accounts, they didn’t. We may get a reduction but it will have nothing to do with their case.

5 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

If would make history the first time a points deduction has ever been reversed. And the verdict isn't until Autumn I believe.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
22 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So ironic when you see our best keeper on 30 grand a week training with the kids!!

Just now, William 1867 said:

Monk will take us down so I'm hoping DC will act when he see's what most of us know will happen.

Got to go before Christmas to keep us out of Division 1

Any manager that can't get 60+ points with this squad will likely send us down. Without much money or any strikers most managers we could afford would do well to finish 4th bottom. My expectations for this season have dropped and I'd be delighted with 4th bottom and consider it a great achievement. Key games now are against Wycombe and Toytown for me. I wouldn't expect to be beating any top teams. Its quite like the championship struggles of 2005-2010 for me where we are expected to finish bottom 6 and anything else was a bonus. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yep been big thorns in our side these personality clashes, dunno what the answer is.

Really frustrating 

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I think we've got more about us than 4th bottom, even with -12pts, 12th place is doable even with -12, although I concur with NI Owl, the deduction will be at least halved!

We've got absoloutely no chance of achieving the 2nd highest points tally at this level since the Premiership era, this millenium, which is what we would need to finish in the top half. Keep dreaming though. We'd need about 75 points. 

I like the way this squad is shaping up and respect the new approaches to transfers etc but we are between 12th and 16th in terms of quality in my opinion. Which when you add minus 12 into it puts us bottom 4. Plus we have no strikers. 

• Like 3