England squad - Home Nations

fudge27

21 hours ago, fudge27 said:

England squad

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Phil Foden, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Mason Greenwood, Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling

Henderson, madison, Chilwell, oxlade all missing through injury. 

I'd like to see Wan Biasska over Walker.

CB looks poor, and Kalvin Phillips I'm not sold on for this level. 

unless they are injured, Reece James, Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw are unlucky not to be included ahead of Kyle Walker.

Southgate maybe likes the versatility of Dier and Walker  more.

Can't see Pickford being first choice now, he's had an awful season, especially compared to Henderson and Pope. 

Declan Rice hasn't convinced me yet and I haven't seen Phillips play. 

Rest of that midfield and attack is stunning.  Kane will always start I guess, but there are some ridiculous options around him. 

Think we've finally seen the last of John Stones in an England shirt as well , thank God . 

I'd like to see Wan Biassaka used as a left back, experiment in these upcoming games. 

I'd go

Pope

Alexander Arnold

Maguire (Mings in his absence) 

Gomes

Wan Biassaka 

Foden

Henderson (Rice in his absence) 

Sterling

Rashford

Sancho

Kane

On 25/08/2020 at 21:48, Tea Baggins said:

Amazed Kalvin Phillips is there.

Maybe after xmas when proven. The lad Lundstrum at United deserves acall up more, at least hes proven.

Absolutely staggered to see him there .. plenty of performers in the prem missing out on a spot ..

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 12:19, Ellis Rimmer said:

Southgate said rashford, Kane, sterling, greenwood were stopping grealish getting in the side which concerns me as he's not a striker

Grealish is so overrated, but Southgate has played 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 a fair bit, and in those systems Grealish would be competing with the players above and he's quite right imo