Derby’s case dismissed!

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Shows what a reactionary bunch we have here at SWFC where a decision made re Derby well outside our remit offers an opportunity for Chansiri bashing. You don't like Chansiri then just Ferk Orf ! Simple really.

Not really.

Some fans are angry that the club has been run in such a way that we are starting next season on minus 12 points, effectively making survival next season a good achievement and then there are some fans who are happy to put up with any old rubbish because they had a nice day out at Wembley a few seasons ago.

Each his own but each equally welcome at Hillsborough.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Wall said:

The bit about ours that I don't understand is - did we get done for backdating documents (literally forging the dates on the signatures), or because they didn't like our accounting methods?

From the outside it looks like we both had an audited set of accounts that shows we didn't lose over £39m in three years.

Isn't that all we have to do to meet FFP (or P&S, whatever)?

No we, just simply didn't get the relevant paperwork completed in time for the stadium to be included in 17/18 accounts. We then breached the P&S limit over the 3 year period, as we couldn't include the profit from the sale within it (charge 1)

The EFL did try to bring a second charge (charge 2) whereby we were accused of being underhand, but that was dropped.

52 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t feel any injustice really.

Derby cheated properly. We didn’t. Their owner is savvy when it comes to things like this and would have made sure they avoided punishment. I always expected them to get off. 

EFL rules.

It comes to this.

How well you cheat.

Cheat the value of your ground. OK

Cheat the year you sold it.  -12

If you cheat and go up. OK

If a Chinese betting firm pays your players thats ok too. OK

If some Indonesian betting company defrauds you. -12

Lose over 39m in 3 years. -12

Lose 45m per year (PREM ONLY). OK

Its totally ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

No we, just simply didn't get the relevant paperwork completed in time for the stadium to be included in 17/18 accounts. We then breached the P&S limit over the 3 year period, as we couldn't include the profit from the sale within it (charge 1)

The EFL did try to bring a second charge (charge 2) whereby we were accused of being underhand, but that was dropped.

i hope when it goes to court, you're not the judge, or we'll end up dancing on a rope.

• Like 1

I can’t understand how people expected any other outcome.

we were charged simply due to the sheer incompetence of not getting the paperwork in order before July 31st.

They never said there was anything wrong with selling the ground or the price.

Derby did it right. As usual, Chansiri did it wrong.

simple.

I also can’t understand why people think this helps our appeal?!?!?

We made more than the permitted £39m loss, Derby didn’t.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think the problem was the EFL not telling us what the implications would be for breaching P&S at the time which affected when we decided to sell the stadium.

We should have just gone ahead and sold the stadium when we said we would and put in the correct accounts rather than trying to hedge either way.

Derby getting off helps us as it vindicates the action of stadia sales.

This now strengthens our case with regard to vindictive application of penalties which is a result of the EFL pursuing the wrong case at the wrong time.

I suspect our deduction may be reduced as a result.

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I want to add that I suspect that selling the stadium for Chansiri was a last resort. I honestly believe he didn't want to do it, but was naively, relying on the EFL to provide guidance on the implication of breaching P&S. 

If it was likely to be a fine he'd have taken it on the chin and explored other ways of getting the losses down , like selling players.

In summary, I think DC had the best of intentions for the club initially but then made a poor decision in trying to force through the stadium sale at such short notice.

The EFL not telling us what the implications would be!!

Do you seriously believe no one at our club had the knowledge or grey matter to know the punishments for breaking P&S limits and that our owners ineptitude is somehow acceptable because the EFL withheld information about the amounts of points to be deducted?

18 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i hope when it goes to court, you're not the judge, or we'll end up dancing on a rope.

Just stating what is in the report. Not sure why some can't seem to get their heads around what it says.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Hard to get the paperwork completed when the company we sold the stadium to didn't exist until 12 months AFTER we claimed we sold it to them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Hard to get the paperwork completed when the company we sold the stadium to didn't exist until 12 months AFTER we claimed we sold it to them. 

TBF it's not, all there has to be is proof of agreement of sale to another party. The company doesn't have to be in existence at the time.

• Like 3

Just highlights the incompetency of the three SWFC Directors between May and August 2018.

Derby played the same game, but with a proper plan and diligence. We had last minute emails and HoTs drafted on a fag packet with a date the month before they were produced.

The only saving grace to this shambles is we learn from it, we have £38m injected into the accounts the following year, and Monk keeps us in the Championship. We should never have been in this position, but we must move on.

• Like 1

I don't think this helps the appeal at all, maybe helps the lawyers get abit more money from prep but the loophole was closed when we sold the stadium, thats why we had to backdate it relying on false confirmation from from the EFL despite a common set of rules already publicly outlined stating it was not allowed... we better hope they are happy with 12 imo 

48 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Just stating what is in the report. Not sure why some can't seem to get their heads around what it says.

The EFL thought fit to charge Derby, why did they do that when the rules are as clear as mud.

I mean, they must have been fooookin stupid, knowing they would be cleared.

The "report" means FA in real terms.