Derby’s case dismissed!

35 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Like Diana Ross in front of an open goal

I didn't know she played foofball.

Who did she play for? If we had Wayne Rooneys Derby, maybe she played for Diana Ross's Supremes.

Just guessing.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The plain and simple fact, no matter what you think of the chairman, the EFL or the regulations is that Wednesday have been deducted 12 points (seriously jeopardising our Championship status) because of the choices made by the SWFC board, many of them proving to be incompetent. Brushing that off as some kind of "reactionary" attack seems to me to be spectacularly misreading the situation.

Wednesday haterz though.

Potential good result for us this.

Am sure one of our arguments at appeal will be  that our points deduction (if any) should have been in 2018/2019.  

Would have had no chance if Derby had lost and been deducted points this next year.

As it stands only other club that breached FFP in same period as Wednesday was Birmingham and they were deducted points in 2018/2019

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Ay up. Well, I can't quite believe it. I was convinced the EFL would nobble us, not least because I always thought our sale valuation was a bit toppy, but also because they're the kind of idiots who think that other people should be responsible for their oversights. However, it always sounded like the club had done things in good time and by the book (albeit the book seems a bit lax) and fortunately the IC has agreed. I'm sure however that the EFL will appeal, so it may not be over yet. What seems to be clear is that we've been under a 'soft' embargo, so our trading since January has been restricted (not that we were likely to spend big anyway - I think getting the cub more self-financing is a definite policy now). It may also be that Steve Gibson hasn't swallowed quite enough humble pie yet, we'll see.

Whilst this now means we can at last sign players for a fee and for >£10K/wk wages, I don't expect any 'big' spending - at most, after Matt Clarke re-signs on loan today hopefully, we need at most a striker, a winger and possibly another CB, but I'd be surprised if any fees >£5M were paid. We have to get losses down if we're not to fall foul of FFP in a season or two's time and I don't think Morris will gamble again.

I wish you well with your own appeal and for the coming season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

As it stands only other club that breached FFP in same period as Wednesday was Birmingham and they were deducted points in 2018/2019

They had their case in 2019.

7 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

I'm sure however that the EFL will appeal,

They've already said they won't appeal, I believe.

Doh, you mean for Derby.  Apologies

Edited by Manwë