Derby’s case dismissed!

Lets not feel sorry for ourselves, as we continuously do and cry about this just as we accused Charlton of. 

Forget about it and move on there has been a rare feeling of positivity due to some positive young signings. Don’t need this to derail us any further

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The stadium sales is a loophole the EFL will look to close Currently it seems they are powerless to act. 
To be honest, although we ourselves didn’t have a charge to face regarding the actual sale itself, I don’t think the valuation would have stood up to much scrutiny. Reckon we take the penalty for exceeding our limits, and quit while we’re ahead

Given that our ground sale has already taken place now it will just be shown in a different accounting period, if not valid in the previous one?

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

That's not what we got punished for. We breached P&S end of.

Our stadium sale has nothing to do with our punishment.

Ironically the fact that Derby completed their stadium sale on time has saved them from getting punished for what would have probably been a similar FFP breach to ours. So although we didn't get punished directly for the sale the simple fact we botched it up meant it didn't show in the accounts for the ywar we needed it to cover our huge FFP issues. So we messed up, no hiding from that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed, Derby have shown that if you identify the problem and act in good time then you have nothing to worry about unlike us.

We have the EFL holding our hand through the whole process and still managed to mess things up.

Cheers Dejphon.

We have seemingly been reactive rather than pro active but the change of personel at the top of the EFL has probably hindered us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed, Derby have shown that if you identify the problem and act in good time then you have nothing to worry about unlike us.

We have the EFL holding our hand through the whole process and still managed to mess things up.

Cheers Dejphon.

Exactly, must have had the same people who work on our recruitment, dealing with it

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The same people crying for Derby to get punished are the same people crying at the EFL for punishing us. You can't get more hypocriticial. At the end of the day you have to accept we completely messed up this opportunity and have been punished as a result. Clubs like Villa, Reading and Derby didn't mess it up and therefore didn't get punished. Thanks Chansiri once again. 

I think the problem was the EFL not telling us what the implications would be for breaching P&S at the time which affected when we decided to sell the stadium.

We should have just gone ahead and sold the stadium when we said we would and put in the correct accounts rather than trying to hedge either way.

Derby getting off helps us as it vindicates the action of stadia sales.

This now strengthens our case with regard to vindictive application of penalties which is a result of the EFL pursuing the wrong case at the wrong time.

I suspect our deduction may be reduced as a result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know we broke the rules, and I know we've been stupid. But this is the type of thing that other clubs would push to the limit to argue our case. 

We have been hit with -12 points, Derby get nothing, Birmingham get a points deduction, QPR get a heavy fine, Bournemouth get a small fine. All charged with FFP violations. 

What is the cut off for a fine, for a points deduction, for nothing? I've probably missed it, and I'm too lazy to read through the rules by myself. 

:Chansiri:

I want to add that I suspect that selling the stadium for Chansiri was a last resort. I honestly believe he didn't want to do it, but was naively, relying on the EFL to provide guidance on the implication of breaching P&S. 

If it was likely to be a fine he'd have taken it on the chin and explored other ways of getting the losses down , like selling players.

In summary, I think DC had the best of intentions for the club initially but then made a poor decision in trying to force through the stadium sale at such short notice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I want to add that I suspect that selling the stadium for Chansiri was a last resort. I honestly believe he didn't want to do it, but was naively, relying on the EFL to provide guidance on the implication of breaching P&S. 

If it was likely to be a fine he'd have taken it on the chin and explored other ways of getting the losses down , like selling players.

In summary, I think DC had the best of intentions for the club initially but then made a poor decision in trying to force through the stadium sale at such short notice.

There were rumours of him looking into selling the ground for many months before he did it.