Derby’s case dismissed!

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

tbh i've took my eye off the ball recently, so i don't know IF we're appealing, or what we're appealing IF we are?

We appealing because of the backdating issue which because not allowed we broke financial rules. It was the EFL CEO who gave approval and initially approved hence they lifted our embargo, then after further consideration changed their stance.  

• Like 2

On 29/08/2020 at 17:13, Asio otus said:

Not completely , they state just because it is not mentioned does not mean it was not considered. The emails from Shaun Harvey were not given in any detail and as I said previously  it is my belief this will be raised again at the appeal by our lawyer.

looking at it from a completely angle.

given dc has said he had/has written proof of 'authorisation' from the efl official, yet STILL we've been sanctioned.

should we appeal and fail, OR not appeal the decision and either way be relegated, what would the compensation be should our case go to law and be found in our favour?

more than enough to cover dc's spending on buying and supplying the club from the start till now?

6 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

We appealing because of the backdating issue which because not allowed we broke financial rules. It was the EFL CEO who gave approval and initially approved hence they lifted our embargo, then after further consideration changed their stance.  

not sure that'll hold water under cross examination. 

"YES OK go ahead".......

.... "OH NO!, you shouldn't have done what we said was ok, we're only the governing body".

Edited by dorian gray
  • Like 1

reminds me of the time i went to see the personnel officer over a days holiday, he said i had non left, i said i had one left.

anyhow (he was a clown) and said "you can't expect us to keep a tally of your holidays, you should keep a tally yourself"

to which i replied "do you really mean that?"

he snapped back "YES".

to which i replied "don't worry yourself then, i've got eight left". :tango:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just been reading an article about the Derby case. Probably already been mentioned but In it is says the EFL messed up so badly that the panel ended up valuing Pride Park at more than Mel Morris valued it at! Just unbelievable. Apologies if already mentioned in here, it’s the first time I had read that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading an article about the Derby case. Probably already been mentioned but In it is says the EFL messed up so badly that the panel ended up valuing Pride Park at more than Mel Morris valued it at! Just unbelievable. Apologies if already mentioned in here, it’s the first time I had read that. 

To be fair, if they'd already presided over our case and were using the old girl as a baseline value, you can understand why they'd value Pride Park very favourably.