Derby’s case dismissed!

7 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Terence Trent is going to be their new manager..

According to the chairman it's his new Hardline approach....

I'll get mi coat ....

So they’ll now be called Terence Trents formerly Wayne Rooney’s formerly of The Baseball Ground Epsom Derby. 
Could be a problem fitting their name on the coupon. 

I’ll shut the outhouse door behind me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

So you want the chairman to break the rules and if caught resign.

I think Chansiri would lose more than the fans. £150 million plus already.

I'd like the chairman to NOT break the rules ideally, but if he has to then at least do it intelligently!!!

Yes he might lose a few baht, but I can't imagine he paid Mandaric that much for us in the first place. Also he owns a certain stadium which I'm sure he can lease back to us at an extortionate annual rate to make up his losses...

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So they’ll now be called Terence Trents formerly Wayne Rooney’s formerly of The Baseball Ground Epsom Derby. 
Could be a problem fitting their name on the coupon. I’ll shut the outhouse door behind me.

To be Frank 

It's Hard to miss the obvious one ....

I'll switch the Lamp off on my way out ....

• Haha 1

The EFL may appeal..

I mean, how can you borrow money against a ground you no longer own, how can you value the ground at £80m, while the previous year it was valued at £40m.

How can Rooney be paid through a 3rd party when it's against the rules.

How can players have residual value...make a number up ?

If the efl do appeal and lose, then their ffp rules are not fit for purpose, if they don't appeal then their ffp rules are not fit for purpose.

After all it was the efl that brought the charges...do they not know their own rules..

Perhaps English is not their first language?.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

The EFL may appeal..

I mean, how can you borrow money against a ground you no longer own, how can you value the ground at £80m, while the previous year it was valued at £40m.

How can Rooney be paid through a 3rd party when it's against the rules.

How can players have residual value...make a number up ?

If the efl do appeal and lose, then their ffp rules are not fit for purpose, if they don't appeal then their ffp rules are not fit for purpose.

After all it was the efl that brought the charges...do they not know their own rules..

Perhaps English is not their first language?.

Sounds like Derby got a rub on the head and told: don’t do it again. Be surprised if they don’t appeal.

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The sanctioning guidelines were issued on 17 September 2019. But they only informed clubs of the penalties that the EFL would be asking disciplinary commissions to impose. The DCs are not however bound by them and have a wide range of penalties that they can impose under the P&S rules, which are supplementary to the regulations. The sanctioning guidelines have no formal status.

Guidelines were announced after we'd breached then. I'm making an assumption that this will form part of our appeal. 

Next time, don't bother with selling the ground etc just have separate sponsors for each player the way Derby have with Rooney. Limitless cash because its not classed as a loss. Their income pays the players wages. Looks like there's no rules about that otherwise they'd go after em wouldn't they? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Go back before that. 

Buying Sheffield Wednesday. 

Young Chansiri should have had a new push bike instead of a football club for his birthday.. 

In years to come, they will say it was the hope that nearly killed them, but they came back strong. A phoenix from Chansiri’s ashes.

Although it took ‘em a few attempts to put the initial fire out.

WAWAW

What else have we got kicking around that DC can buy off the club for a massive markup?  Could be a way to stretch P+S.

Have to say it only increases our chances of a win on appeal.   We have done the same thing yet we get punishment because of an accounting technicality even though HMRC don't seem to have had an issue with it, in fact at least we didnt over inflate the value of the stadium.

EFL have been caught with their pants round their ankles, question now is are we going to be the scapegoat or will they see sense and restore some kind of parity by removing our points deduction. 

Wonder if Derby will go after EFL for legal costs. 

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

If the appeal fails and the club (Chansiri) is deemed to be guilty as charged then there he is the only person who can be held responsible for the position we will be in this coming season. 

1. If he knowingly tried to pull the wool over the eyes of the EFL then he has a lot to answer for. 

2. If he mistakenly believed somebody at the EFL told him he could do what he did then should be cleared of all charges. 

It has to be one or the other. 

Which does anybody think is the case?

I think you should read the report.

I think there will be two issues with our appeal, neither of which are affected by this result.

1, the EFL has used a sentencing guideline that came out after the offence. The panel relied heavily on this when deciding punishment.

2. The main one for me is that the EFL rules state that punishments should be applied in the season after the breach. Not two seasons after. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Also he owns a certain stadium which I'm sure he can lease back to us at an extortionate annual rate to make up his losses...

£90m is what Wednesday are paying Chansiri for the lease back according to the documents Wednesday supplied to the EFL, and as per the agreement, as tenants we also pay for the maintenance.

That's £20m than Brentford's new stadium in London.  That's £30m more than Chansiri paid for the property.  

Not only that, but as a business we now have a substantial liability and we have an asset removed from our books.  Secondly, football clubs can do without lots of things, but they must have a pitch to play on.  That's in jepoardy should Wednesday be unable to pay the rent, so that's £3m each year we've got to find before looking at the team.  We now have less financial opportunity to improve the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

£90m is what Wednesday are paying Chansiri for the lease back according to the documents Wednesday supplied to the EFL, and as per the agreement, as tenants we also pay for the maintenance.

That's £20m than Brentford's new stadium in London.  That's £30m more than Chansiri paid for the property.  

Not only that, but as a business we now have a substantial liability and we have an asset removed from our books.  Secondly, football clubs can do without lots of things, but they must have a pitch to play on.  That's in jepoardy should Wednesday be unable to pay the rent, so that's £3m each year we've got to find before looking at the team.  We now have less financial opportunity to improve the squad.

All so the likes of FF and KW can buy a few more houses.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Not knowing what you are whittle-ing on about, I shall stay in the outhouse until I can work it out. No pun intended.

Frankie says Relax 

Dont do it ...

hes already worked it out Sarge ..

c794dae658d03d1718356bae720b76a9.jpg.86256136c59532cede0899914120e2ae.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

in fact at least we didnt over inflate the value of the stadium.

Of course we didn't.  It was valued at around £22m in the accounts before IIRC, our Heads of Terms document said it'd be "no less than £37.5m" and it sold for £60m..

No inflation there at all.  

I'm expecting Chansiri to be getting calls from Homes Under the Hammer about now.

• Haha 4

Guest Therealrealist
47 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Of course we didn't.  It was valued at around £22m in the accounts before IIRC, our Heads of Terms document said it'd be "no less than £37.5m" and it sold for £60m..

No inflation there at all.  

I'm expecting Chansiri to be getting calls from Homes Under the Hammer about now.

Maybe we cud sign Dion dublin