Name 1 Keeper & 2 Strikers We Should Sign & Can Afford

I don't think we will sign a keeper I think Monk is happy with what he has, needs to make a decision on who be no. 1 and play league games l, the other will be the cup keeper, stick render on bench in cup games 

Regarding strikers probably need to be looking at a couple of prem youngsters not sure who be available though simmonds looks like a no go, not sure if the young lad from Everton on trial will be offered anything? Need another experienced head to help out to 

I think both Benik Afobe and Martyn Waghorn are both in the final year of contracts - wages could be an issue with both. 

Other strikers available are Dicko, Martin, Gestede. 

If we don't get rid of Westwood then there is no point bringing in another keeper on a wage. If we do then Jordan Archer is on a free.

To answer the question properly (!) mine would be:-

Archer

Martin

Afobe (if too expensive, Dicko) 

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I think both Benik Afobe and Martyn Waghorn are both in the final year of contracts - wages could be an issue with both. 

Other strikers available are Dicko, Martin, Gestede. 

If we don't get rid of Westwood then there is no point bringing in another keeper on a wage. If we do then Jordan Archer is on a free.

To answer the question properly (!) mine would be:-

Archer

Martin

Afobe (if too expensive, Dicko) 

Great Shout. Marriott at Derby would be good too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Without knowing the budget its difficult to answer, and the availability of players. 

However seeing as Martin is on a free he would be worth looking at, 

My ideal signing would be Vardy and yes it would be difficult financial wise but if he was available I would make him first choice, and given his age and his clear love of the club I suspect a deal could be done. 

Other choice would be Gayle dependent on how much Newcastle would subsidise his wages if they loan him out again. 

Whoever we sign it's the most important position to get right, we saw last season a fully fit decent forward makes the differance between top six at Christmas and a descent to relegation battle other factors accepted. 

tenor (16).gif

• Haha 1

Goalkeeper, I’d take a look at Walton at Brighton. One year left on his contract, 24 and had a decent loan spell at Wigan and Blackburn. 

Strikers I’d like us to go for Ashley Fletcher at Boro and also Marriott at Derby. Both one year left on their contract and both a decent age. 

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Would be happy with Martin and Windass. Don’t think we saw anything like the best of Windass.

All about opinions I suppose, but I’d be totally disillusioned if that was our main pairing. Could just about deal with it, if they were part of our options from the bench

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All about opinions I suppose, but I’d be totally disillusioned if that was our main pairing. Could just about deal with it, if they were part of our options from the bench

Martin is strong and very clever. Would chip in with double figures too. Windass if fit would be a very good versatile option, not necessarily first choice. I

3 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Without knowing the budget its difficult to answer, and the availability of players. 

However seeing as Martin is on a free he would be worth looking at, 

My ideal signing would be Vardy and yes it would be difficult financial wise but if he was available I would make him first choice, and given his age and his clear love of the club I suspect a deal could be done. 

Other choice would be Gayle dependent on how much Newcastle would subsidise his wages if they loan him out again. 

Whoever we sign it's the most important position to get right, we saw last season a fully fit decent forward makes the differance between top six at Christmas and a descent to relegation battle other factors accepted. 

Are you high as a kite or thick as fizz? 

Don't know about the keeper situation and not sure if we will bring one in but if we do, then a more experienced commanding keeper would be ideal. I think we should bring in a new keeper but unsure we will? Attack and defensive midfield seem most important to me to strengthen?

Personally, I'd like us to get Leko and/or Murphy or someone similar. Windass sounds likely but we still need one or two out and out strikers. I still hope we can get a defensive midfielder or midfield beast too, someone like Sam Morsy or Sam Field. 

Upfront, I'd go for the likes of Jonson Clarke-Harris and Macauley Bonne, who might be realistic? Someone like Lukas Jutkiewicz would be ideal but probably unrealistic, Jonson Clarke-Harris would be a more viable target and he was someone we've been linked with not long ago too. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

Newcastle have rejected an approach from Birmingham for Darlow. Has a year left on contract and is seen as an important part of the squad, albeit back up to Dubravka.

Ruddy signed a contract extension at wolves for 12 months.

Edited by Mac_77
  • Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Westwood in goal, and Suarez up front- set to be released by Barca, will have drop in wages, way more than covered by all the players we released in the summer. Plus will boost our profile, get us shown on TV more and bring some extra bite to our attack...