Name 1 Keeper & 2 Strikers We Should Sign & Can Afford

I’m not sure how much he would cost, but as others have said, Darlow looks a good option. Leko could be the new Wells. Rather hoping we can find a big mobile centre forward, maybe from France or Belgium

edit Jacob Brown, I’ve always thought he was a good player, and didn’t we have the chance to sign him to our academy

Edited by gurujuan

GK:

Neil Etheridge is a good shout. 

John Ruddy’s contract was up, not sure whether he signed a new one or not. A bit of experience could be crucial. 

CF I think we need 4 to be honest.

Jutkiewicz/Martin

Windass

Leko

And someone on loan from EPL

Guest everydays_wednesday
3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Vardy & Kane. Ideal partnership. Let's go for it. 

Suarez, Messi and Buffon....well you started it 😀

Just now, everydays_wednesday said:

1 minute ago, everydays_wednesday said:

The only problem with these 3 / 5 is would they get in the team ????????????????

I heard Vardy was about to sign for us this summer. Playing for nowt, just the love of Wednesday. Then the row between his missus and Coleen erupted and he realised he needed another 10-20 million to pay legal fees. Maybe next year then………

• Thanks 1

Said a few weeks ago about a young kid released form Monaco, Moussa Sylla. 20 years old and was touted for Bristol City. Wages won’t be much more than £5-£7k tops. Right footed and can play anywhere across a front 3. 

Marcus Maddison, although an attacking midfielder, I think the lad deserves a full season at this level, unfair to judge him on 11 games for Hull. 26 years old. 

Daniel Sturridge is desperate for a club. 30 years old and was released by a Turkish club. Wages were apparently £27,000 a week there and he is short on offers. Scored 7 in 16 and was banned for gambling. Would be a gamble on our end, could go either way. 

Id stick Wildsmith at No 1 if Westwood is shipped out. Dawson as backup and Render as 3rd choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Happy to give Dawson/Wildsmith another year under the new coaching setup then change if necessary (I'm old enough to have seen both Chris Turner and Bob Bolder have horrendous spells for which they were rightly dropped and come back much stronger for it).

As far as strikers go, sure Monk will have a list of targets that will fit his system of play and happy to leave him to it.

It is similar, i was always surprised that the fans sided with Turner maybe because he was local, but both has excellent careers as GKs.  Hopefully Dawson and Wildsmith will have just as good careers.   

Don’t think anyone doubts Marcus Maddison’s ability - even for an underwhelming loan spell at Hull.

Its his attitude.

Sunderland were chasing him when he was at Peterborough but were put off by his price tag. Now he’s available on a free transfer and there’s a reason why they’ve not signed him. He’s a boyhood sunderland fan as well.

Think our clubs had enough player drama. Just want a bunch of hard working lads who will graft to get us out the poo 

2 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Without knowing the budget its difficult to answer, and the availability of players. 

However seeing as Martin is on a free he would be worth looking at, 

My ideal signing would be Vardy and yes it would be difficult financial wise but if he was available I would make him first choice, and given his age and his clear love of the club I suspect a deal could be done. 

Other choice would be Gayle dependent on how much Newcastle would subsidise his wages if they loan him out again. 

Whoever we sign it's the most important position to get right, we saw last season a fully fit decent forward makes the differance between top six at Christmas and a descent to relegation battle other factors accepted. 

Too much weed melts the brain lad. 

Goalkeeper - Darlow is on a free. Would take Ruddy for a year if he's free. Dont think we have the luxury of being able to get a keeper with the 2 we have on the books plus Westwood sitting in the reserves tho. 

Forwards - Personally would go back for Wickham. He WANTS to play for Sheffield Wednesday which is a rarity these days. Its all about if we could get him fit i know he'll work hard too as he did when in loan last season, looked like he really worked at it was just too many games in a short period. If it was a normal pre season with Strudwick here id have backed him to get there, in this year im not sure id still have a go and take a chance.

Others, Suarez at Watford, was on loan Zaragotha last season. Success is more of a winger but i like him too. Callum Morton from West Brom, on loan at Northampton last year. Hogan on loan but i assume he will have options or Kamara at Wigan on loan.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Said a few weeks ago about a young kid released form Monaco, Moussa Sylla. 20 years old and was touted for Bristol City. Wages won’t be much more than £5-£7k tops. Right footed and can play anywhere across a front 3. 

Marcus Maddison, although an attacking midfielder, I think the lad deserves a full season at this level, unfair to judge him on 11 games for Hull. 26 years old. 

Daniel Sturridge is desperate for a club. 30 years old and was released by a Turkish club. Wages were apparently £27,000 a week there and he is short on offers. Scored 7 in 16 and was banned for gambling. Would be a gamble on our end, could go either way. 

Id stick Wildsmith at No 1 if Westwood is shipped out. Dawson as backup and Render as 3rd choice.

Deffo someone we should go for.

So basically the OP’s answer to “which keeper would you sign”...is no one!

Backed up with the same opinion by Japan u5’s goalkeeping coach

Makes you wonder why folk think we are struggling for a keeper when they can’t even come up with alternatives