Van Aken will be allowed to leave

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

once again ....did he ?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have the inside knowledge of contracts in football clubs. Or claim to. 

This thread regularly refers to a recruitment team and their influence on these kind of matters.  But the parasites see it as another chance to rest their heads. 

Monk is clearly responsible for every misdemeanour over the last 12 months. 

He’s the manager of our club, going into what looks to be challenging season. Some fans will clearly be happy if the club fails. 

16 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Everybody sayin he’s not on big wages..how come we can’t offload him..it’s be loans till his contract expires

Perhaps because nobody wants to sign him? He played for a club that finished 3 points above relegation from the German 2nd division last season. As good as the top of the Bundesliga is, the standard at the foot of the 2nd division is not the place to be seen and found.

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps because nobody wants to sign him? He played for a club that finished 3 points above relegation from the German 2nd division last season. As good as the top of the Bundesliga is, the standard at the foot of the 2nd division is not the place to be seen and found.

So why was he signed then? And more importantly why are the people who signed him still here??

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have the inside knowledge of contracts in football clubs. Or claim to. 

This thread regularly refers to a recruitment team and their influence on these kind of matters.  But the parasites see it as another chance to rest their heads. 

Monk is clearly responsible for every misdemeanour over the last 12 months. 

He’s the manager of our club, going into what looks to be challenging season. Some fans will clearly be happy if the club fails. 

Don’t get your knickers in a twist.

So you’re telling me now that Monk didn’t have the final say on Joeys new contract.

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So why was he signed then? And more importantly why are the people who signed him still here??

I really don't know why he was signed. I'm not sure if you've noticed but not every one of our signings has been a success.

3 hours ago, Owlsbornanbred said:

A 23 year old Dutch centre back who is highly rated and ends up going for £4m (or thereabouts) can definitely command £20k. 

Stevie May was apparently on £15k, and cost less than JVA. Tom Lees, as someone else mentioned, is on anywhere between £25k to £27.5k, depending which stats site you check. He got the improved deal just before the FF scandal at Norwich. Imo Lees hasnt been the same player since then. 

But regarding JVA, if you're his agent and you're comparing him to Tom Lees and other players on big deals at the time (David Jones and George Boyd were supposedly on £30k+), you would be asking for £20k for a young, highly rated centre back who is worth paying several million for. Especially after the buying club has looked at over 200 centre backs and decided on you... 😉

£15K a week for Stevie May?!

St Johnstone tried to keep him and offered him a wage that would have made him their highest ever paid player, said to be around £3.5K. As of 2017, the average St Johnstone player was getting £47K - per year!

I doubt we had to come over to top to the extent of £15K per week on the budget we were working to at that time.

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

Genuine question, who do you think signed him?

The murky agency who we are in bed with..that’s my opinion and not a fact

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

£15K a week for Stevie May?!

St Johnstone tried to keep him and offered him a wage that would have made him their highest ever paid player, said to be around £3.5K. As of 2017, the average St Johnstone player was getting £47K - per year!

I doubt we had to come over to top to the extent of £15K per week on the budget we were working to at that time.

Winall was on 4K a week at Barnsley..did we double his wages..nope..did we treble his wages..nope..we quadrupled his wages...that’s what we do

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So that kind of answers your own question doesn't it? He's a friend of the chairman, not an employee of the club. As far as I know anyway.

Eh?

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Winall was on 4K a week at Barnsley..did we double his wages..nope..did we treble his wages..nope..we quadrupled his wages...that’s what we do

That's what we do under the current regime, or at least did. It certainly wasn't how we operated under the previous regime. 

18 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Eh?

You asked why the people who signed Van Aken are still here.

You think it was Paixo (unless I've misinterpreted what you said), the reason he is "still here" is because he is a friend of the chairman. Unless I've missed something he has no official role within Sheffield Wednesday.

42 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's what we do under the current regime, or at least did. It certainly wasn't how we operated under the previous regime. 

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

with milan in charge we didnt ........

Winnall joined us about two years after Milan left?

Edited by StudentOwl