Van Aken will be allowed to leave

17 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Borner, falls into the Peter Atherton mould for me - a decent enough player but we need better.

What wouldn't I give for a Peter Atherton right now....

In all seriousness, we need better all over the pitch. But finances and circumstances force us to operate in a particular market right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Might mean the Lindsay link is true though. I can't see us only having 4 cbs if we want to play 352 or 532. 

Unless he is reverting back to 4 at the back. 

With 3 CB slots I think 4 first-picks is perfect. We can’t afford a 5th quality CB to twiddle his thumbs.

Palmer, as 5th choice CB and 4th choice WB is ample cover as a utility player. 

Let’s keep some funds available for the much-needed lead striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Haven't we been down this road before with Moses?  So couldn't Monk change his mind about Van Aken if he went on to show what he can do?

But MO has been a good championship player who has lost his mojo.

JVA hasn't and never will be and sadly its absolutely obvious.

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Agree with this. Lees can actually defend and he was excellent with Loovens next to him. Good back up option at the least.

He was class when he first came in, think he's deffo a confidence player. 

Really don't think he's suited to the captaincy, on the pitch at least. Ironically it'd take a real show of leadership to stand the captaincy down and focus on his game. It'd show that he knows what his strengths and weaknesses are. 

Easy to say when you are just a fan though! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lees, as captain and CB that has in the past renewed his contract will be on a wedge of money.  For me he shouldn't command one of our top wages, but I bet he does.

Id offload him and JVA and if we could get in Venecio then that would be very good business and be greatvfir our accounts.

Also it would leave Venecio, dunckley,  borner and Iorfa for 3 spots.  I think that woukd be decent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Agree with this. Lees can actually defend and he was excellent with Loovens next to him. Good back up option at the least.

Lees plays like a lost child that has stumbled onto the pitch. He’s hesitant, indecisive and looks scared of his own shadow. He doesn’t close down he will happily back off an attacker until he gets tangled in the net. 25k a week for a back up option.

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Yet to see Dunkley so can’t really comment on him but seen enough of Iorfa and Borner to realise we need greater strength in centre defence.

I know many see Iorfa as our best player but he’s not commanding enough at either end of the pitch and has too many mistakes in him . His pac3 gets him out of situations that he himself causes. As I say many disagree but that’s my view.

Borner, falls into the Peter Atherton mould for me - a decent enough player but we need better.

Totally agree mate. If Lees can get back to his best then he’s a player. Borner is steady at best but there’s always a mistake in iorfa waiting in the wings for me.