36 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Can't wait for meltdown on here when Iorfa gets sold and van aken gets a new deal 

Depends on how much we get for Iorfa.

Van Aken, seriously who knows. Until we see him we have no idea if he's improved or not. I'll reserve judgment until I do. If the manager decides he's not got the makings that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

If someone does offer a wedge for Iorfa it would be daft not to consider,  

guaranteed a complete meltdown on here though , probably from all the people who have slagged the club for not selling 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Competing in a loan for the centre back with Blackburn and Huddersfield- according to Alan Nixon. Obviously would be a decent player, but how many central defenders do we need? Surely the focus now should be on strikers?

Looks like biased on some performances and comments GM made last season about him, he wants Tom Lees out

• Like 1

I'd prefer to sign venâncio If we are still looking for another cb cant see us needing another tho he can play dm as well.

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I'd prefer to sign venâncio If we are still looking for another cb cant see us needing another tho he can play dm as well.

same , get rid of lees and get Frederico in , cheaper , younger and better 

no brainer! I’m sure lees could do another club in champ ( Coventry for example )or maybe high League one like Hull for example 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, prowl said:

Depends on how much we get for Iorfa.

Van Aken, seriously who knows. Until we see him we have no idea if he's improved or not. I'll reserve judgment until I do. If the manager decides he's not got the makings that's good enough for me.

Its funny I saw van aken at Cardiff couple of years ago and thought he was class . So je is defo worth a go .. great with the ball hopefully monk being an ex centre half can teach him how to defend 

52 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Looks like biased on some performances and comments GM made last season about him, he wants Tom Lees out

Strange isn't it, Lees is a cracking player next to Loovens and good with Hector. Yet nothing like the same player without.

My only reservation is if we can shift him out with the wases he's likely on. I can't see a top Championship side wanting him and I cant see a lower end club being able to afford him.

I'd love it if we could find a young Loovens or Hector. I like Iorfa but he idn't commanding in the same way.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Its funny I saw van aken at Cardiff couple of years ago and thought he was class . So je is defo worth a go .. great with the ball hopefully monk being an ex centre half can teach him how to defend 

Same, he had a couple of really good games but got wrote off for three or four car crash performances he had - in a different environment than he was used to and hadn't adapted to.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

If someone does offer a wedge for Iorfa it would be daft not to consider,  

guaranteed a complete meltdown on here though , probably from all the people who have slagged the club for not selling 

Agreed - he looks class and seems to enjoy it here, but we'd be daft to turn down anything North of £5m.

Wouldn't be against bringing in another centre back but in my opinion defensive midfield and attack should be our priority areas to strengthen. 

9 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

Urhoghide - Left back, left wing back.    He just got pushed to right back when he came into our side.

If you think Palmer is a Centre half, you need to change your guide dog.

It's five you muppet

It’s called back up you stupid tvvat! Nobody in the Championship has 6 excellent centre backs, especially one starting in minus 12. Has it connected to your brain yet what I’m saying? Not saying they are great centre backs but there are SEVEN options.

• Haha 1

Why is everyone assuming he's going for 3 at the back this season. 

It seems it was something he did after the restart based on the personnel available at the time. 

There's a good chance he'll go 451 or 433, depending on whether you call the wingers as attackers or midfielders.