Jacob Murphy

22 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

We might just take him on loan till January with an option to buy at a pre-determined price should it be working out for us/him at S6. If we didn't take up the option to buy Newcastle would be free to try and sell him in the transfer window. Wages would be the biggest obstacle I imagine. 

Thing is with wages, a player like Murphy who plays every game is worth paying 3 times more than an injury-prone bits & pieces player who’s really only good enough as back-up. 

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Pretty sure izzy brown could also play on the wing as well

Maybe he can but I think he's more of a central attacking midfielder, don't want to see us fitting square pegs into round holes.

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It would be fabulous to have him back. Ticks every box.

Can he play WB? Lord yes - 4 goals and 4 assists in those last eight games in our 352.

Fitness? Fit as a flea! Played almost every game. 

You get the impression he’s a confidence player. Lost his way a bit towards Christmas but became unplayable thereafter. Can run thru a midfield and has high quality end-product. 

Would be great to have him back. His attacking stats show he was capable gong forward as wing-back but we still leaked goals at an alarming rate. Would much prefer using him as a wide attacker with potentially better energy and creativity in midfield with Brown.  

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not that arsed.

He wasn't consistently good. And don't forget he was a regular pick when we were diabolical..

If we do get him we need to somehow balance the team in other areas to make it work. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s more a wide player but can play as a striker. I think we could well go back to 4231 or similar looking at the players we seem to be after 

Not a chance. It will definitely be 3-5-2 and Leko will be doing what Da Cruz was supposed to do but wasn’t good enough.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

He’s a multimillion pound asset, why would they give him a free. 

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Possibly because he's on a hefty wage and unlikely to feature for them plus he can run his contract down and walk away for nothing at the end of the season. Best they can hope for is a small fraction of what they paid. 

^This

• Like 1

My player of the season 

Was the only bright spark in 2020, while the usually suspects downed tools 

Still find it mad how a defender who was part of a team that conceded 5 goals more than once and 3 on half a dozen times was voted player of the season 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

There’s nothing definite about it. We will need to be able to play a couple of ways 

It is definite! This is Monk we are talking about. He has a plan A and a...plan A! I agree with you but I guarantee he won’t do it.

3-5-2 is NAILED on as the formation 

12 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Still find it mad how a defender who was part of a team that conceded 5 goals more than once and 3 on half a dozen times was voted player of the season 

I agree its strange at first glance but it didn't help that those in midfield and attack were on those occasions so abject at closing down the threat further up the field, that games were often like an Attack v Defence training session.