Jacob Murphy

Guest gizowl

Think Dion Anderson now becomes more of a priority we've got to plan without Murphy as the season will be upon us by then if Newcastle do let him out it will be a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Not for me. He was good but not £3m good. We need to be bloody careful with our cash. Only an absolute Rolls Royce like Michael Hector would have been worth throwing a pile of money at like that anymore. There are other Jacob Murphy standard players available on loan.

Disagree, £3m would be nothing really, particularly over the length of his contract and therein lies the biggest problem, wages.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Not for me. He was good but not £3m good. We need to be bloody careful with our cash. Only an absolute Rolls Royce like Michael Hector would have been worth throwing a pile of money at like that anymore. There are other Jacob Murphy standard players available on loan.

Probably right, though I think he is worth £3m, it’s about how we use our limited resources. If we could spend, and we were challenging at the top, he’d be a winger ( not a wing back) I’d be happy to have on board. Any cash we have to spend, should be used wisely, where we can prize a real talent, or a promising youngster. That’s also why I’m so against paying a fee for Windass, the same applies there, he isn’t that special a talent, and we could definitely get similar for free

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, striker said:

Disagree, £3m would be nothing really, particularly over the length of his contract and therein lies the biggest problem, wages.

It would be nothing compared to 5mil for reach ffs. I'd happily sell reach on for 2 mill and use it for murphy

• Like 6

The perils of loan players eh. 

We’ve seen this movie before. Take a player on loan, get them fit and in form then struggle to bring them back. 

Marshall, Vernancio and Hector being 3 examples. I’d like Murphy back but it seems like it may go the way of previous loans. 

A loan to buy would be good if we can pull it off?

Edited by steelcityowlsfan
  • Like 1

We've had our fingers burned with deadline day deals andleaving it until the last minute.  For me, I'd plan for life without him we simply haveto. Get the lads onboard asap, training with each other for as long as possible. If we get him at the last minute then it's a bonus, but if not we at least have our alternatives in place.

• Like 1

This illustrates the ridiculous amount of money that is swirling around in the Premiership.

Paying eight million quid to Norwich for someone who did little more than show a bit of potential and is then loaned out for most of his contract shows that Newcastle have more money than sense .

I’d have him back though... he was coming good.

I would like him back if he reproduces his 2020 form.................but is everyone conveniently forgetting how abject he was up to the turn of the year ?.................go back and check the threads / player ratings if you dont believe me.

Another loan would be best option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Are we, I thought it was a loan? Even so, he’s a promising striker, it would be foolhardy in the extreme to try and convert him into a wing back

You seem certain we will continue with wing backs despite it not really working so well for us. 

45 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

I reckon they’d still want around £3m for him....a half decent player can do a lot for a club in a season.

Think you are looking 7 to 8 million fee rather than 3 million. Could be a bit of an auction with plenty of top end championship clubs interesred.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

You seem certain we will continue with wing backs despite it not really working so well for us. 

I’m not certain, no, and I’m hopeful we won’t However, I was just following what seems to be the consensus of opinion on here