Jacob Murphy

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Sounds like that will go to the wire 

I just hope we have a plan B if we don’t get him.

Cant spend the window being lead a merry dance. Murphy contributed heavily last season with goals and assists AND was becoming a promising wing back option. We simply must get him back or replace him - can’t let it go to the wire and then not have the time to get someone else

• Like 2

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

I just hope we have a plan B if we don’t get him.

Cant spend the window being lead a merry dance. Murphy contributed heavily last season with goals and assists AND was becoming a promising wing back option. We simply must get him back or replace him - can’t let it go to the wire and then not have the time to get someone else

Leko is a similar player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

It would have nothing to do with them considering we’re looking to buy him, not loan.

Are we, I thought it was a loan? Even so, he’s a promising striker, it would be foolhardy in the extreme to try and convert him into a wing back

I'd like him back, adds a lot to our team. Looks like we've made our intentions known and in pole position, should he be loaned out. 

Wages possibly an issue, but considering his contract situation, would a permanent transfer fee be beyond us?

• Like 2

I’d love to have him back, but it’s unlikely given his contract situation Could be a bargain for some team with cash to spare. However, if we are looking for a wing back, there is surely better out there. Unlike many on here, I was not at all convinced by Murphy as a wing back. In fact I think he’s wasted there 

Most of his better performances, were further forward, and often from the bench. What I also liked about him was, he was disciplined defensively, as in, he used to track his man back. He is a really useful winger, good pace, trickery, with an end product, and an awareness to do his defensive duties 

As a wing back though, although enthusiastic, he doesn’t have the positional awareness to be a success in that position A stop gap, nothing more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1