The pitch heat lamps

56 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I remember that picture taken on a time lapse Camera of the Heat lamps, in the early hours, which showed the ghostly image of a monk walking round the pitch. 

Your mission 

Should you choose to accept it is to find that picture and post it on here Monkmanface

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Your mission 

Should you choose to accept it is to find that picture and post it on here Monkmanface

I would never find that. It was ages ago and will be buried somewhere in this site. 

There was talk of a Monetary near the ground in days gone by. Hence the name Leppi gs Lane which was built by the monks to cross the Don. 

However, here’s an artist’s impression of the monk ghost on Stocksbridge Bypass. 

image.jpeg.4a6a468838a73eaa25f85de34147e5e3.jpeg

Edited by M Royds

1 hour ago, M Royds said:

I remember that picture taken on a time lapse Camera of the Heat lamps, in the early hours, which showed the ghostly image of a monk walking round the pitch. 

He is still haunting us. 

15 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I would never find that. It was ages ago and will be buried somewhere in this site. 

There was talk of a Monetary near the ground in days gone by. Hence the name Leppi gs Lane which was built by the monks to cross the Don. 

However, here’s an artist’s impression of the monk ghost on Stocksbridge Bypass. 

I have a fantastic view down to that bridge from my house. 

The bigger ones are Gavita 1000W DE Sodium, very powerful lamps more to the red end of the spectrum. They do most of the work.

The smaller ones are Hortilux, I think Ceramic metal halides with a very high colour rendering index which serves as supplementary lighting to give them the other parts of the light spectum they need.

Nothing to do with heat.

I work in the industry (though I think most of our end users grow a different kind of grass)

• Thanks 2

Just now, spineynorman78 said:

The bigger ones are Gavita 1000W DE Sodium, very powerful lamps more to the red end of the spectrum. They do most of the work.

The smaller ones are Hortilux, I think Ceramic metal halides with a very high colour rendering index which serves as supplementary lighting to give them the other parts of the light spectum they need.

Nothing to do with heat.

I work in the industry (though I think most of our end users grow a different kind of grass)

Thank you mate!  At last a sensible and valuable contribution!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest hirstysfags
On 22/08/2020 at 10:41, theowlsman said:

The ones at St James Park are different.

For pitch lights officianados

Exeter????