Most nervous penalties as a Wednesday fan

11 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Nuhiu March 2014 vs Boro..87th minute...If he'd have missed that he would have been slaughtered and finished at Hillsbro.

Stepped up like he was playing in his own back garden.

Top man.

I agree with you. It was about the time when if he had missed the fanbase would have turned against him (even more)

Good shout

27 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I agree with you. It was about the time when if he had missed the fanbase would have turned against him (even more)

Good shout

Thought someone would take the p@ss out of my suggestion with it being Owlstalk and Nuhiu.

I was too pissed and tired at Cardiff cos' I'd just finished my exams 2 days before.

Even the Bannan one last season vs Bristol City was nervewracking cos we really struggled that match, we weren't making chances and I was thinking sh@t my weekends ruined if he misses this.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thought someone would take the p@ss out of my suggestion with it being Owlstalk and Nuhiu.

I was too pissed and tired at Cardiff cos' I'd just finished my exams 2 days before.

Even the Bannan one last season vs Bristol City was nervewracking cos we really struggled that match, we weren't making chances and I was thinking sh@t my weekends ruined if he misses this.

No it really was a "c'mon atdhe for God sake dont miss" moment

One from years ago, 1980 Mark Smith at Exeter City, trailing 1-0 with minutes to go, he had scored loads all season and this one would secure promotion, just had a feeling this one wouldn't go in and it didn't, thankfully Chesterfield lost 2-0 at Millwall which ment we were up anyway. 

On 22/08/2020 at 05:58, Bulldog said:

Wasn't it 0:2 at half time? I concur it was a superb game

Yep, good game that. Couldn't believe we were 2 0 down. That team though just didn't give up, one of my most enjoyable periods watching us, probably beacusenas a kid who started watch us in the mid 70's were winning on a regular basis.

On 22/08/2020 at 06:55, Craig enock said:

Chris waddle missing against wolves in a f.a cuo replay . I remember that making me cry . And obviously forestieri against huddersfield ... missed my train back to Southampton that night cost me 180 for Airbnb .... Great being a wednesday fan hey lol .wawaw

Same after playoffs, cheers for that Wednesday!!

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 00:07, helmut_rooster said:

Sheridan against oldham 1990, we got 2 pens in one match....I shìt ye not.....still didnt win....against Oldham and drew 2-2.

one of the best matches I've been to. Hillsborough rocking with 2 good teams, and a great recovery despite conceding 2 early goals. Our games against Oldham were bizarre that season, we battered them in both games yet only got 1 point (should have drawn at their place but they got a last minute pen after an outrageous dive)