Most nervous penalties as a Wednesday fan

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

As a Wednesday fan, when were you most nervous about a penalty (Either for us or against us)

For me, Maclean at Cardiff

Has to be '93 Cup Final Replay for me. I was 9 years old, couldn't get tickets so watching it at home on the telly. As a kid I loved penalties and was so nervous and excited and looking forward to the penalties I ran upstairs and went to the toilet in the 119th minute so as not to miss the start of the pens. Then ran back downstairs only to find there wasn't going to be penalties after all. True story.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Sheridan against oldham 1990, we got 2 pens in one match....I shìt ye not.....still didnt win....against Oldham and drew 2-2.

How we didn’t win that I’ll never know. Wilson could have even nicked it in the last minute.

Great match tho.

1 hour ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

Fessi against Huddersfield. I just knew he was going to miss from the moment he started walking up, so I was nervous for what was coming after 

I wasn't the slightest bit nervous, I knew the outcome of the shootout was inevitable as soon as the whistle blew.

• Like 3

Off top of my head it was Maclean at Cardiff. I’ll never forget that day.

Can’t say I felt anywhere near as sick and nervous for play offs against Huddersfield as I knew soon as full time whistle went... this shits going to penalties and that’s us done. Still wee wees me off though as it was such an opportunity missed out on. We just didn’t seem to have that hunger. 

• Like 1