Windass - Bid accepted

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I quite like Davis, a bit raw, and his lack of goals would be a worry. A strike pairing of him and Windass won’t trouble the scoreboard As we don’t score goals enough girls from other areas, that would be a problem

It may trouble our scoreboard. Just not how we would like. 

I’m sure we would all be happy with one in three but his record suggests more of a one in five strike rate. Given the poor scoring record of the rest of our current squad think we will need much more than single figures from our strikers

• Like 2

Just now, Plonk said:

I’m sure we would all be happy with one in three but his record suggests more of a one in five strike rate. Given the poor scoring record of the rest of our current squad think we will need much more than single figures from our strikers

A concern, yes

The important thing regarding recruitment this summer is getting players in with the right character and work ethic, within a reasonable price/wage structure. 

Windass fits the bill. From what I’ve seen, Dunkley and Brown also do. 

I think some people really need to lower their expectations in terms of signing strikers with proven goal ratios. 

• Like 3

Guest gizowl
17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This is where the new coaching staff earn their money we need a contribution from all outfield players(look at the pigs)our corners and free kicks have been ineffective. We must do better collectively but your right we need a couple of strikers to hit double figures. Easier said than done.