Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Wasn’t suggesting he was. Simply a general comment on a bid having been accepted with other clubs interested and making counter offers.

The decision is totally his but for me he either wants to come to Wednesday or he doesn’t - irrespective of other offers, that’s all.

I often think many comments On owls talk would be better communicated in a bar than written 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what’s not to like about this signing?  
He already knows the setup, he’s a good age. He has pace, he’s cheap. He’s scored 3 in 9 and had numerous other chances. 
Honestly, I was slightly dreading this season, but this is the 1st time Monk will have had his coaching staff and more importantly, his players in! 
So far, Dunkley, Dele, Windass and Brown all look great signings to me. 
Still plenty of time to add further! 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Windass could be a decent signing.We need a couple of more experienced players in, who have an "edge" to their game, that can help the younger lads during games and put a foot in when necessary.This season is going to be a dog fight to stay up and we will need players like Windass who have a bit of nastiness in them.I am sick of seeing us bullied on the pitch.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

They also said they werent sad to see Dunkley go. Think it's just what fans do. The fact that 3 clubs are interested in him shows me he must not be all that bad. Useful squad player imo.

 

To be fair though Wigan did do better without them while we won only 1 of the 9 games Windass featured in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Windass elsewhere and he scored some key goals for us so I don’t get why some don’t like this one. He’s pretty raw but has a lot of potential and is a battler which is what we need

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

 

We are signing average players at best. I know we hardly have a choice but staying up will be a tall order that's for sure.

if you have 11 average players then your  an average team and average teams usually  finish in mid table  which  just might keep us up .......  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Howard said:

Just read Wigan supporters comments on him . Seems universal that the are very happy to see the back of him .Not what we need to hear 

Let's just say Wigan fans are probably numb to anyone leaving at this point.  Must be absolute hell to see virtually their whole team, manager and coaching staff depart within about 3 weeks of each other.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Windass elsewhere and he scored some key goals for us so I don’t get why some don’t like this one. He’s pretty raw but has a lot of potential and is a battler which is what we need

 

If we get this lad from WBA and with Brown also playing being a forward should be relatively easy. Quality balls in to the box just make sure they keep up with play.  Should suit DaCruz as well.

 

Bannan as backup for getting the ball back quickly into the box if the first wave of attack breaks down he will be there to tidy up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

If we get this lad from WBA and with Brown also playing being a forward should be relatively easy. Quality balls in to the box just make sure they keep up with play.  Should suit DaCruz as well.

 

Bannan as backup for getting the ball back quickly into the box if the first wave of attack breaks down he will be there to tidy up.


In theory yeah we will certainly be a lot quicker and more agile in the final third. Some good stats from these targets which like Luongo last season shows how the recruitment team work. 
 

I do think we will need a centre forward or two though as we won’t always be able to play in a manner that suits the likes of Brown and Leko. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluesteel said:


In theory yeah we will certainly be a lot quicker and more agile in the final third. Some good stats from these targets which like Luongo last season shows how the recruitment team work. 
 

I do think we will need a centre forward or two though as we won’t always be able to play in a manner that suits the likes of Brown and Leko. 

 

Yeah would be nice to get a couple of quality strikers, would think Monk will be looking at again the more mobile type instead of the more traditional target man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Yeah would be nice to get a couple of quality strikers, would think Monk will be looking at again the more mobile type instead of the more traditional target man.


My guess would be Kiernan Davis as it was rumoured we enquired last summer.

Lyndon Dykes would’ve been ideal in terms of that balance of physical presence and agility

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


My guess would be Kiernan Davis as it was rumoured we enquired last summer.

Lyndon Dykes would’ve been ideal in terms of that balance of physical presence and agility

 

Ideal I'd want young proven forwards but there going to be expensive but with the -12 points it might be a good investment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if you have 11 average players then your  an average team and average teams usually  finish in mid table  which  just might keep us up .......  

 

I sure hope so, but I think it will be tight. At least there shouldn't be too many meaningless games!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthernOwl said:

 

I sure hope so, but I think it will be tight. At least there shouldn't be too many meaningless games!

going to be exciting .....i wouldnt  expect  us to exceed 62 pts and 50 pts usually goes right down to the wire so like you say no dead games this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jack whitham said:

No Wickham thankyou.

Yes, agreed, I’m 58 in a few weeks time and I reckon I’m fitter than Wickham- reckon I could beat him over 2 laps of a running track, shame I can’t head a football though.

 

 

 

he can thougjh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


My guess would be Kiernan Davis as it was rumoured we enquired last summer.

Lyndon Dykes would’ve been ideal in terms of that balance of physical presence and agility

I quite like Davis, a bit raw, and his lack of goals would be a worry. A strike pairing of him and Windass won’t trouble the scoreboard As we don’t score goals enough girls from other areas, that would be a problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

Let's just say Wigan fans are probably numb to anyone leaving at this point.  Must be absolute hell to see virtually their whole team, manager and coaching staff depart within about 3 weeks of each other.

Shock horror!  fans of club he's leaving slate said  player. Remember lots of owls fans on here  happy we was selling Antonio!  “headless chicken"  "sprinter not a footballer"  few of comments I seem to remember 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...