Windass - Bid accepted

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

The old Christmas tree formation thingy is on... 

Wildsmith/Dawson

Iorfa.    Dunkley.    Borner

Odd-job                                         penney

Joey.

(or hopefully better) 

Brown                  bazza       

Windass.       

Rhodes

(new big monster Cf) 

lol

Like I said, that side looks likely, with hopefully the changes you suggest. Looking at it though, where are the goals going to come from?

Like the sound of this 

really looking forward to see who we get up top i know it’s unrealistic but if we could bring Connor back or someone who can be mobile and hold the line we would look be looking dangerous ( at least hard to play against )

windass     brown.     Harris 

Wickham 

pace,  direct,  mobile, creativity 

we won’t be short on chances 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Like the sound of this 

really looking forward to see who we get up top i know it’s unrealistic but if we could bring Connor back or someone who can be mobile and hold the line we would look be looking dangerous ( at least hard to play against )

Wickham 

But maybe goals

Guest hirstysfags
14 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Like the sound of this 

Wickham 

Apart from the spear point

Just now, fpowl said:

Like the sound of this 

Wickham 

No Wickham thankyou.

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

My whelmometer was riding fairly high until this news broke Provides more questions than answers in my opinion

I get what you mean. I think we are going 4-2-3-1 next season. Just a hunch. Maybe a centre half will be leaving as the Dunkley signing suggests 3 centre backs. 

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's a very average player in my opinion. But given our circumstances he's a reasonable signing and should do a job.

He’ll be an average player joining a below average club then.

On that basis, yes, we should go for him 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The old Christmas tree formation thingy is on... 

Wildsmith/Dawson

Iorfa.    Dunkley.    Borner

Odd-job                                         penney

Joey.

(or hopefully better) 

Brown                  bazza       

Windass.       

Rhodes

(new big monster Cf) 

lol

Yep-play both Wildsmith and Dawson in goal we may be able to only concede three a game. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

There’s no suggestion he’s playing us off against other clubs. It states that other clubs are interested. There’s a difference 

Wasn’t suggesting he was. Simply a general comment on a bid having been accepted with other clubs interested and making counter offers.

The decision is totally his but for me he either wants to come to Wednesday or he doesn’t - irrespective of other offers, that’s all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

He's a very average player in my opinion. But given our circumstances he's a reasonable signing and should do a job.

Way I see it I am not sure I am as excited as some about the signings. Think some if the excitement is just we are signing someone after years of little activity. However, closer examination concerns me a little.

Dunkley (part of Wigan team when defence was porous- they got better when he was injured), Windass not a Wigan regular and was a bit meh to ne when I saw him and did not even nail down a regular spot. Brown who was part of a poor team in Luton and has had about 5 loans already...there is talent there but if Bielsa and others could not get him to play consistently not sure Monk will...I might be wrong. 

Maybe these 3 will squad players which is better but as starters I'd worry if these 3 are regulars based on current career trajectory of the lads...all 3 seem to have lost their way a bit. 

Suppose we needed fresh blood with so many leaving but the signings so far are mid to lower Champ for me. That's about where we were so not sure they suddenly hugely improve us especially as we will start on such a handicap but the issue is we needed players...Any players really and at least these lads are wanting to play for us. Not easy to attract lads for a probable relegation battle. 

Just my thoughts.

We do seem to have a bit more pace/athletic ability. Key is to gey a good stsrt as if we are entrenched worry we have enough fighters currently but we will see who else comes in.

Edited by Anston Owl

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Wasn’t suggesting he was. Simply a general comment on a bid having been accepted with other clubs interested and making counter offers.

The decision is totally his but for me he either wants to come to Wednesday or he doesn’t - irrespective of other offers, that’s all.

Don’t agree with that last sentence. With multiple offers you sit down and take stock. What makes joining wednesday much more appealing than any other club in this league? 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Like I said, that side looks likely, with hopefully the changes you suggest. Looking at it though, where are the goals going to come from?

I wonder if 532 will be the system tho?

Puts alot of emphasis on the wing backs , not sure if ours are good enough. 

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t agree with that last sentence. With multiple offers you sit down and take stock. What makes joining wednesday much more appealing than any other club in this league? 

That’s the bl**dy point though - he either wants to come to Wednesday or he takes the best offer. Up to him.