A much needed philosophy change

9 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Great to see instead of signing over the hill players on big wages , we are now changing our philosophy to younger hungrier players ... im actually excited to see us next season with pace all the way through the team ... long way to go this summer but the signings so far have made me happy ... also happy for monk that he can finally implement his phikoshy on our club instead of being judged by fans on another managers players wawaw

Have to say, I’m actually feeling the same

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I’m happy to see some younger players but age isn’t always the key. Be they younger or more experienced, whomever we sign needs to have that strength of character, resilience, belligerence and a willingness to leave everything out on the pitch. That kind of mentality will see us make progress, become hard to beat, feared even. 

We simply must become a team other teams hate to play, then build from there.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Still signing ones who are a gamble fitness / injury wise though.

I can understand why, but if some of these new players succumb to further injuries then we can’t really complain about bad luck - it’s the gamble we are taking.

But if we sign loads of injury prone players then at least each week you will be able to get a team together.

New philosophy apparently, never been tried.

Another seven or eight signings and new hospital wing should see us through to promotion.

• Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I've always believed a team should have a blend of youth, experience and brutality. 

And at least three a week missing through injury

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Still signing ones who are a gamble fitness / injury wise though.

I can understand why, but if some of these new players succumb to further injuries then we can’t really complain about bad luck - it’s the gamble we are taking.

All players are a gamble injury wise. Lot of talk recently in here about Ian Knight. Great player great future ahead of him and one horrendous tackle changed that. As you say we are taking a gamble hopefully it will pay off.

38 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Great to see instead of signing over the hill players on big wages , we are now changing our philosophy to younger hungrier players ... im actually excited to see us next season with pace all the way through the team ... long way to go this summer but the signings so far have made me happy ... also happy for monk that he can finally implement his phikoshy on our club instead of being judged by fans on another managers players wawaw

I so agree with this mate. However, results will not be instant. We as fans, need to show some patience. It will all be about the performances, not the results for the first 6-10 games. After that, results will consistently improve, in-line with the improved performances from the off. Very small margins between success and failure in this division. We will be a team, everyone fighting for each other, without factions or cliques.

24 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I’m happy to see some younger players but age isn’t always the key. Be they younger or more experienced, whomever we sign needs to have that strength of character, resilience, belligerence and a willingness to leave everything out on the pitch. That kind of mentality will see us make progress, become hard to beat, feared even. 

We simply must become a team other teams hate to play, then build from there.

That's why I hope we get Windass. He looks like the type of player who's not phased by much

Edited by The Wall
Quickly corrects spelling after criticising others!
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

The difference with the signings so far are that if they perform to their full potential we have some proper scalable assets.  

They need to be at their peak performance or we’ll have a mountain to climb.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Craig enock said:

Don't be fooled with our new phikoshy, and let`s wait and see. 

Younger, less injury-prone squad will see us well in a season crammed with very frequent matches. Squad is still a bit light, so we need a few more to be ready. Maybe one more for each position - esp. if we manage to do the right thing and sell Westwood now!