For the “Monk Out” gang

25 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why cant we let last Season go now? we will have the answer to our differences re Monks ability,commencing shortly..The Chairmans sticking with him,he is going to be our Manager,lets critique him,on season 2020/21  its becoming 'toxic' & does none of us any good..

I appreciate what you are saying, clean slate etc, but there are obvious concerns. There seems to be a lot of " hope " and yes, it's best to go ahead and hope things will improve.
The signings, are nothing special. really. We are only becoming excited because we haven't seen any movement other than journeymen crocks.

I can't wait for kickoff, I hope he makes me look a complete mug, I just don't see that gap between a bad manager ( which he was ) being plugged by a few signings and a couple of staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Point of contention that one. lol

After the takeover of Leeds by Andrea Radrizzani two days earlier,and the day before Leeds were set to activate a 1-year contract extension with the option of exploring a longer-term deal, on 25 May, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, with Radrizzani saying that Monk's decision to quit the club had been a 'shock'

I’ve been one of his biggest critics on here. But he now has his own back room staff, he’s got rid of the “ bad eggs” been allowed to bring in his own players. He starts with a clean sheet next season for me. I want us to win every game and storm and the league. Am I confident? No. I hope I’m proved wrong. But if he doesn’t get us playing full tilt from game one then he has no excuses. 

Are we agreed on that?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’ve been one of his biggest critics on here. But he now has his own back room staff, he’s got rid of the “ bad eggs” been allowed to bring in his own players. He starts with a clean sheet next season for me. I want us to win every game and storm and the league. Am I confident? No. I hope I’m proved wrong. But if he doesn’t get us playing full tilt from game one then he has no excuses. 

Are we agreed on that?

So a rebuilding that Bruce said would take FOUR transfer windows and you give him one match...we know what's coming from you on matchday two...unbelievable

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

After the takeover of Leeds by Andrea Radrizzani two days earlier,and the day before Leeds were set to activate a 1-year contract extension with the option of exploring a longer-term deal, on 25 May, Monk resigned as Leeds United head coach, with Radrizzani saying that Monk's decision to quit the club had been a 'shock'

So you mean he hasn't been sacked from every club ?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Again, who knows ? 

Edited by quinnssweetshop

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So you mean he hasn't been sacked from every club ?

He certainly was kicked out of every club. Leeds was a resign or be sacked scenario by all accounts.

39 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Well googled btw, at least give some credit to wiki for the copy and paste lol

• Haha 1

What was interesting in having ba quick look round the web, were these comments by L***s fans about monks move to us.

Here’s what Leeds fans are saying about his appointment at Hillsborough:
@TonyLeeds5: Teams constantly going through your midfield like they weren't there. Now and then scraping an odd win but mostly losing or drawing. He'll take full credit for the wins and blame the losses on anybody. Most things he says he has already said. Enjoy.

@TDWoodhead: Garry Monk is taking quite the tour of the Championship's perennially troubled clubs, eh?

@GlenSkyes70: Can’t wait for ‘the group’ to become a feature . Will probably do a good job though for a limited time. Thankfully we’ve moved on to bigger and better things.

@Lee6378: Gone through more clubs than a golfer these past few years.

@FinnReynolds96: Journeyman manager with no real affection for the club he manages, he’ll pretend like he cares but he’ll leave the moment he gets a better offer. When his plan A works, it works well - but don’t expect a plan B if plan A doesn’t work. when you lose, expect him spout the same old excuses “you know, the lads have worked really hard and showed great character but now we need to back to the drawing board and work hard to come back stronger” all in all, he’ll take further up the league but he won’t take you up.

@Psych_Squirrel: And he thought he was better than Leeds.

@TomWilson15: How does Gary Monk get decent job after job?! Achieves nothing, gets sacked, and walks into another, his agent deserves a rise!

16 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So a rebuilding that Bruce said would take FOUR transfer windows and you give him one match...we know what's coming from you on matchday two...unbelievable

That’s a bit harsh pal, I said I want to see them firing, some improvements something positive? I don’t think we will get a point from the first three games if I’m honest, so I won’t be on his back if we don’t. If we are still bottom three by Christmas ( with or without the minus 12) then I think as fans we should be worried.

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That’s a bit harsh pal, I said I want to see them firing, some improvements something positive? I don’t think we will get a point from the first three games if I’m honest, so I won’t be on his back if we don’t. If we are still bottom three by Christmas ( with or without the minus 12) then I think as fans we should be worried.

If we don't get a point the first three games, i'll be screaming for his head, hopefully he'll prove us wrong.

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

What was interesting in having ba quick look round the web, were these comments by L***s fans about monks move to us.

Here’s what Leeds fans are saying about his appointment at Hillsborough:
@TonyLeeds5: Teams constantly going through your midfield like they weren't there. Now and then scraping an odd win but mostly losing or drawing. He'll take full credit for the wins and blame the losses on anybody. Most things he says he has already said. Enjoy.

@TDWoodhead: Garry Monk is taking quite the tour of the Championship's perennially troubled clubs, eh?

@GlenSkyes70: Can’t wait for ‘the group’ to become a feature . Will probably do a good job though for a limited time. Thankfully we’ve moved on to bigger and better things.

@Lee6378: Gone through more clubs than a golfer these past few years.

@FinnReynolds96: Journeyman manager with no real affection for the club he manages, he’ll pretend like he cares but he’ll leave the moment he gets a better offer. When his plan A works, it works well - but don’t expect a plan B if plan A doesn’t work. when you lose, expect him spout the same old excuses “you know, the lads have worked really hard and showed great character but now we need to back to the drawing board and work hard to come back stronger” all in all, he’ll take further up the league but he won’t take you up.

@Psych_Squirrel: And he thought he was better than Leeds.

@TomWilson15: How does Gary Monk get decent job after job?! Achieves nothing, gets sacked, and walks into another, his agent deserves a rise!

I think a lot of that is a mixture of sour grapes and delusions of grandeur from the leeds fans, at the time the majority of the ones I know didn't want him to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Monk is a dead man walking.

Most of us know that he is both abject and inept.

I don't trust him either.

Chansiri has shown he is very stubborn and keeps people around for a lot longer than he should.

There's no way he's going to part with Monk quickly after letting him bring his own staff/players in. 

1 hour ago, longreach said:

... and then you make it personal. 😑

No you did that many posts back making fun of my spelling & grammar,and calling me 'thick'..& Q my Education...& so on...You were just overmatched and got the worst of it,responded by trying to belittle....and you failed and you will again,every single time you try to match wits...

If  were you i would stick to critiquing my post content, & move on.....I will do the same