For the “Monk Out” gang

11 hours ago, parajack said:

Yes,and i might do another one as well,.Msc ...looking at Criminology with the Open University,no big deal really...doesnt make you 'Billy big b***ocks'wouldnt have brought it up,if someone hadnt called me 'fick'

I called Monk Fick.   

Didn't you get it?   You must be.....errr, well lets leave it

12 hours ago, parajack said:

The days when that was true,in my view are in the main long gone    last time i would say that applied at  S6,was under Howard.Now,to me,the thing Players allegedly run through a brick wall for is Dinero....& i dont mean 'Robert'..

A currency that doesn't exist anymore, and you couldn't spend in England?

Weird.

I would advocate people not buying education certificates online, they are easily seen through!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

That's what i'm working on. Actual results.

Not hope. Not If's.

"Actual results" in vastly differing circumstances with different personnel.

Like i said, I was (and am to some degree, not totally convinced), but am willing to give him a chance under the 'new' circumstances.

Seems only fair & right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

I know they have but there’s shifting sand about who falls in which group. You have been very vociferous in labelling players without naming names. So I asked you to name which players, in your opinion, fell into which group. But as usual you just go on a rant rather than actually answering a question. 

labelling my posts as a 'rant' rather than an opinion,is you doing exactly what you accuse me of...& why i didnt post a comprehensive reply back to you.....I am careful in my post style not to mention specifics because these things can come back to bite you Legally,even if not meant maliciously.(hence my multiple use of 'allegedly')

My comments to you i believe are fair,in this debate (and others) which you have participated in,and i assume read,the subject has been discussed at lenth...Your original lengthy post shows your Knowledge,and was a good read,I dont agree with it,but to be honest i think you understood perfectly well my post,& didn't need further clarification or explanation.You were allegedly  fishing for bullets to fire is all in my view ....so i will give you some:

Any casual net search will show multiple references to players dropped at S6,and the alleged reasons why...I will mention Hutchinson & Westwood the 2 obvious ones who spring to mind,(again) but dont feel i should need to..as its been done to death.FF..another...(alleged substitution escapade) & further reasonable summary here of his time,from both perspectives https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-forestieri-sheffield-wednesday-career-18130780

and from Monk:https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/garry-monk-reveals-why-keiren-westwood-isnt-training-sheffield-wednesday-plus-update-sam-hutchinson-2873580

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/what-stats-say-about-kieran-lees-replacement-sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-midfield-2531558

Quote:SS.Monk has hinted that a lack of discipline is one of the reasons for the Hutchinson exile and the numbers would bear that out – the former Chelsea man makes 2.19 foul and picks up 0.44 yellows per 90 minutes to Lee’s 1.56 fouls and 0.26 yellows.

Loss of form players is a matter of opinion,but few would disagree i think that Reach is not currently allegedly at his best,& hasn't been for some time,Westwood was dropped for initially  form reasons?and Q were allegedly asked about his willingness to sit on the bench,and win back his place,before ongoing shoulder injury.?..Hutchinson was dropped without explanation,though from memory 'injury' was given at one point?..Form another?.Dawson was dropped in favour of Wildsmith,on form,& Q have been asked about Wildsmiths own performances  Some on Owlstalk Q if either is good enough to be Wednesdays number 1,and again it has been discussed at lenth.

Rumours(for what there worth,but we are not in the dressing room) hinted at an alleged spat between FF & Winall,& in my view Winnals time at Wednesday was ruined anyway by his knee injury.Seemed to lose half a stride in pace when he came back from Derby.FF blew hot & cold,most people accept he allegedly  wasn't the player he once was,though people will disagree on the reasons why..Injury? form? alleged 'attitude'? take your pick.... Bannan has had some stinkers in my view,though probably with Fletcher our best Player ...Odubajo making you feel nervous every tackle,and giving away unnecessary penalty's...JR unable to find the form he once had...let alone the back of the net...on a regular basis.(Forest aside where he was amazing!)

Kieron Lee,been a great servant but,would probably now come into the category of allegedly only able to give his best over 20 plus games,rather than a full season in my view,due to age and previous injury..Tom Lee's seems to be a shadow of his former self,and seems in my view to have allegedly lost all confidence.Joey PP performances under par in my view,& rarely looks allegedly 'Championship' standard.....where do you stop?   https://www.footballfancast.com/sheffield-wednesday-news/wednesday-news-update-monk-westwood-tactics-hutchinson

Yes your right,many of that squad remain, Totally agree,it needs more than 1 transfer window to change the squad around,Bruce i believe wanted 4,so that means we start with a mix of existing and new players.Will Monk be able to inject a new team dynamic that was missing last year? better hope so,Will the effect of 7 Players leaving,allow Monk the dressing room 'spirit' he wants...See previous answer...

Edited by parajack
wording

47 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

A currency that doesn't exist anymore, and you couldn't spend in England?

Weird.

I would advocate people not buying education certificates online, they are easily seen through!

What is the big deal about having a 'Degree'? these days the person serving you Fries & a Coke,will probably have them,seems a few on here showing their own inferiority complex's...Just so you know i left Wisewood age 15,no qualifications Straight into Marshalls brickyard,Schoolboy on the Friday,Worker on the Monday,heavy industrial manual work.after 3 years + I left and joined the Army..worked various jobs as most working Class lads do....Age 35 i did an 'Access' course and went to University 3 years later (95) I left with a BA(Hons) and got a job....As a security guard' in a Supermarket!! ,(yeah i know) whilst working Pub,& Club doors in Town.

Eventually i got a job relevant to my Degree,and spent 20 odd years doing it...(just so you know)...

B(Hons) Communication studies

C&G 7307 teaching Cert

NEBOSH (H&S)

Tech Iosh

Licen IPD

IAG 3 & 4(Career counsellor)

NEBSM (Management)

NVQ Assessor

Fork Lift truck Trainer

SIA door supervisor

With the exception of my degree,all done through work....Now i really cant be arsed with this,as it was only brought up in the first place sarcastically by me,because  was accused of being 'fick'...   Few bobs worth of online buying there,eh?

Edited by parajack

31 minutes ago, parajack said:

labelling my posts as a 'rant' rather than an opinion,is you doing exactly what you accuse me of...& why i didnt post a comprehensive reply back to you.....I am careful in my post style not to mention specifics because these things can come back to bite you Legally,even if not meant maliciously.(hence my multiple use of 'allegedly')

My comments to you i believe are fair,in this debate (and others) which you have participated in,and i assume read,the subject has been discussed at lenth...Your original lengthy post shows your Knowledge,and was a good read,I dont agree with it,but to be honest i think you understood perfectly well my post,& didn't need further clarification or explanation.You were allegedly  fishing for bullets to fire is all in my view ....so i will give you some:

Any casual net search will show multiple references to players dropped at S6,and the alleged reasons why...I will mention Hutchinson & Westwood the 2 obvious ones who spring to mind,(again) but dont feel i should need to..as its been done to death.FF..another...(alleged substitution escapade) & further reasonable summary here of his time,from both perspectives https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-forestieri-sheffield-wednesday-career-18130780

and from Monk:https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/garry-monk-reveals-why-keiren-westwood-isnt-training-sheffield-wednesday-plus-update-sam-hutchinson-2873580

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/what-stats-say-about-kieran-lees-replacement-sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-midfield-2531558

Quote:SS.Monk has hinted that a lack of discipline is one of the reasons for the Hutchinson exile and the numbers would bear that out – the former Chelsea man makes 2.19 foul and picks up 0.44 yellows per 90 minutes to Lee’s 1.56 fouls and 0.26 yellows.

Loss of form players is a matter of opinion,but few would disagree i think that Reach is not currently allegedly at his best,& hasn't been for some time,Westwood was dropped for initially  form reasons?and Q were allegedly asked about his willingness to sit on the bench,and win back his place,before ongoing shoulder injury.?..Hutchinson was dropped without explanation,though from memory 'injury' was given at one point?..Form another?.Dawson was dropped in favour of Wildsmith,on form,& Q have been asked about Wildsmiths own performances  Some on Owlstalk Q if either is good enough to be Wednesdays number 1,and again it has been discussed at lenth.

Rumours(for what there worth,but we are not in the dressing room) hinted at an alleged spat between FF & Winall,& in my view Winnals time at Wednesday was ruined anyway by his knee injury.Seemed to lose half a stride in pace when he came back from Derby.FF blew hot & cold,most people accept he allegedly  wasn't the player he once was,though people will disagree on the reasons why..Injury? form? alleged 'attitude'? take your pick.... Bannan has had some stinkers in my view,though probably with Fletcher our best Player ...Odubajo making you feel nervous every tackle,and giving away unnecessary penalty's...JR unable to find the form he once had...let alone the back of the net...on a regular basis.(Forest aside where he was amazing!)

Kieron Lee,been a great servant but,would probably now come into the category of allegedly only able to give his best over 20 plus games,rather than a full season in my view,due to age and previous injury..Tom Lee's seems to be a shadow of his former self,and seems in my view to have allegedly lost all confidence.Joey PP performances under par in my view,& rarely looks allegedly 'Championship' standard.....where do you stop?   https://www.footballfancast.com/sheffield-wednesday-news/wednesday-news-update-monk-westwood-tactics-hutchinson

Yes your right,many of that squad remain, Totally agree,it needs more than 1 transfer window to change the squad around,Bruce i believe wanted 4,so that means we start with a mix of existing and new players.Will Monk be able to inject a new team dynamic that was missing last year? better hope so,Will the effect of 7 Players leaving,allow Monk the dressing room 'spirit' he wants...See previous answer...

Thank you. That was the response I would have liked to my original post. Rather than how you responded initially. So even accepting all that is true, and you accept most is rumour and speculation, all bar Westwood of the “ bad egg/ fake injury” brigade have now left?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Thank you. That was the response I would have liked to my original post. Rather than how you responded initially. So even accepting all that is true, and you accept most is rumour and speculation, all bar Westwood of the “ bad egg/ fake injury” brigade have now left?

Your welcome,if i misjudged you,i apologise.There is a clear polar opposite in opinion about our issues at S6,& who is/was responsible.As the season unfolds we will get an answer to some of our Q, though i myself suspect it will take several seasons to turn around.

10 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Monks a crap manager. Sooner you realise that, the better your blood pressure will be. lol

I suggest you read today’s interview with Iorfa.  I think he explains the issues GM had last year in managing without support. Which if you put it along a number of other interviews about the changes the players have seen since they returned should help to put in context what problems he had faced, and how highly regarded he is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Your welcome,if i misjudged you,i apologise.There is a clear polar opposite in opinion about our issues at S6,& who is/was responsible.As the season unfolds we will get an answer to some of our Q, though i myself suspect it will take several seasons to turn around.

At the end of the day we are all wednesdayites, we all want a successful team we can be proud of. We will disagree about how we get there, we will disagree about what happens at the club. Christ we even fight with each other in the stands some weeks. I’ve had some horrible arguments with mates about players. But it’s all about opinion at the end of the day. But we are all wednesday aren’t we

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

I suggest you read today’s interview with Iorfa.  I think he explains the issues GM had last year in managing without support. Which if you put it along a number of other interviews about the changes the players have seen since they returned should help to put in context what problems he had faced, and how highly regarded he is

An interview !!!

That changes his managerial record entirely. ( And i'm not only talking about us )

I'm sorry, i know that trumps any kind of actual results he has ever attained. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

An interview !!!

That changes his managerial record entirely. ( And i'm not only talking about us )

I'm sorry, i know that trumps any kind of actual results he has ever attained. lol

Think you will find other than with ourselves his record is not that bad. A win %age of 40 is not to be sneezed at

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

"Actual results" in vastly differing circumstances with different personnel.

Like i said, I was (and am to some degree, not totally convinced), but am willing to give him a chance under the 'new' circumstances.

Seems only fair & right.

Monks been let off the hook on a scale unseen.

Seems only fair and right to the fans that the tripe he marshaled, with, players still under his control, should never been seen at Hillsborough again.

His tactical awareness, and his appalling motivational skills only give cause for alarm. 

It is these areas that i am worried about. 

The same fella that helped produce decisions that beggared belief, is still in charge. Makes no difference what the results were now, but what does worry me
is that many of us on here could see the best tactical game plan ( he ignored it )  We could see the lack of motivation ( he ignored it )

Now, i'll always get behind the team come match day, but Monk has to sort his own head out as as well as the side.
His own performance was abysmal the second half of the season. Yet he escaped any blame. 

he needs to look in the mirror, the same way the players needed to.

1 minute ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Think you will find other than with ourselves his record is not that bad. A win %age of 40 is not to be sneezed at

It's not that good when you've been booted out of every club.

And to be honest, Ours is the only club that matters looking to the  future.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

It's not that good when you've been booted out of every club.

And to be honest, Ours is the only club that matters looking to the  future.

TBF he hasn't been booted out of every club :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Seems only fair and right to the fans that the tripe he marshaled, with, players still under his control, should never been seen at Hillsborough again.

His tactical awareness, and his appalling motivational skills only give cause for alarm. 

The same fella that helped produce decisions that beggared belief, is still in charge. Makes no difference what the results were now, but what does worry me
is that many of us on here could see the best tactical game plan ( he ignored it )  We could see the lack of motivation ( he ignored it )

Now, i'll always get behind the team come match day, but Monk has to sort his own head out as as well as the side.
His own performance was abysmal the second half of the season. Yet he escaped any blame. 

Why cant we let last Season go now? we will have the answer to our differences re Monks ability,commencing shortly..The Chairmans sticking with him,he is going to be our Manager,lets critique him,on season 2020/21  its becoming 'toxic' & does none of us any good..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Out of interest what was the best tactical game plan?