Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

Guest Therealrealist
59 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk won’t play Westwood, Dawson and Wildsmith aren’t up to the job. We need a new number one signing. 

That is never goin to happen..Dawson and wildsmith will be our stoppers this season..bit worried tbh😵

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So here we go again..for the millionth time..who is the best keeper under contract at swfc?? 

Does it matter . Westwood is a past it crock and a massive waste of resources . We are probably stuck with him sat collecting he’s stupidly large salary , but he isn’t going to play and nor should he . Time this was dropped and him forgotten 

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So here we go again..for the millionth time..who is the best keeper under contract at swfc?? 

Seeing as this is the first time you have specifically asked who I think is the best keeper then for me it’s Dawson.

Now what about answering why Westwood isn’t playing? if as you say he’s the best contracted keeper at the club and an all round good egg.

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Seeing as this is the first time you have specifically asked who I think is the best keeper then for me it’s Dawson.

Now what about answering why Westwood isn’t playing? if as you say he’s the best contracted keeper at the club and an all round good egg.

Truth is none of us know. I’ve seen lots saying this that and the other but only Monk and west know the truth. But it’s not beyond reasonable to think that monk Westwood and hutch fell out about something around Christmas. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Nobody knows why he isn’t playing...nobody knows why cc bullen and Bruce didn’t have a problem with him..nobody knows why Jos and monk have got a problem with him..if anybody knew these things maybe Westwood threads Wundt keep popping up🤔

IMO, It's obvious that pending some massive injury crisis to Dawson & Wildsmith, that he won't play again for us, all he is doing now is milking us for money, rather than taking a cut and play first team somewhere else, which shows part of his character.

15 minutes ago, andypandy said:

IMO, It's obvious that pending some massive injury crisis to Dawson & Wildsmith, that he won't play again for us, all he is doing now is milking us for money, rather than taking a cut and play first team somewhere else, which shows part of his character.

That’s quite an assumption to make given you do not know him personally or know the details of any prospective deal with another club. 

He’s been a terrific servant to our club. If he is “milking us” then we are to blame as we gave him the contract. 

Edited by shandypants

25 minutes ago, modboy said:

think we need to swallow our pride here and pay a % of his wages to allow him to move on, thats if anyone actually wants him.

Cant see any L1 clubs affording him

Arsenal want him as a number 2 apparently.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, 83owl said:

The signing fee would have to equal what he would lose in wages so essentially they would still pay 30k a week anyway it’s just split between wages and a signing fee.

A championship club isn’t going to pay 30k a week for a 35 year old keeper who is way past his best, injury prone and no resale value. The only chance we have is a prem team needs a quota player.

You miss my point. Of course they wouldn’t pay him £30k. But if they paid him a signing on fee, which is not original, and then balanced his pay consistent with their pay structure no one loses. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd ideally double that and then make sure he continues in the opposite direction

Instead of all your cryptic I know something you don’t posts about Westwood why don’t you offer up the evidence as to why he’s a bad egg 

You're clearly better connected to the club than most on here

Just now, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Instead of all your cryptic I know something you don’t posts about Westwood why don’t you offer up the evidence as to why he’s a bad egg 

You're clearly better connected to the club than most on here

No I'm not, nor would I ever want to be. 
I'm just an ordinary fan like anyone else on here, have only ever claimed to be that, and only ever want to be that.

Owlstalk Shop