Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

If Monk's results are as pitiful as they were post Xmas it will be far from an era.

Monk is hugely under the spotlight because of his dreadful results and performances.

• Like 1

IMO, It's obvious that pending some massive injury crisis to Dawson & Wildsmith, that he won't play again for us, all he is doing now is milking us for money, rather than taking a cut and play first team somewhere else, which shows part of his character.

• Like 1

think we need to swallow our pride here and pay a % of his wages to allow him to move on, thats if anyone actually wants him.

Cant see any L1 clubs affording him

1 minute ago, modboy said:

think we need to swallow our pride here and pay a % of his wages to allow him to move on, thats if anyone actually wants him.

Is he still injured?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, andypandy said:

IMO, It's obvious that pending some massive injury crisis to Dawson & Wildsmith, that he won't play again for us, all he is doing now is milking us for money, rather than taking a cut and play first team somewhere else, which shows part of his character.

That’s quite an assumption to make given you do not know him personally or know the details of any prospective deal with another club. 

He’s been a terrific servant to our club. If he is “milking us” then we are to blame as we gave him the contract. 

Edited by shandypants
25 minutes ago, modboy said:

Arsenal want him as a number 2 apparently.

• Haha 1

I am not convinced he actually wants to play football, for anybody. Needs some effort and commitment to get back to a level where he can play.

Probably very happy with the life he has at the moment.

Just my opinion.

19 hours ago, 83owl said:

The signing fee would have to equal what he would lose in wages so essentially they would still pay 30k a week anyway it’s just split between wages and a signing fee.

A championship club isn’t going to pay 30k a week for a 35 year old keeper who is way past his best, injury prone and no resale value. The only chance we have is a prem team needs a quota player.

You miss my point. Of course they wouldn’t pay him £30k. But if they paid him a signing on fee, which is not original, and then balanced his pay consistent with their pay structure no one loses. 

Just now, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Instead of all your cryptic I know something you don’t posts about Westwood why don’t you offer up the evidence as to why he’s a bad egg 

You're clearly better connected to the club than most on here

No I'm not, nor would I ever want to be. 
I'm just an ordinary fan like anyone else on here, have only ever claimed to be that, and only ever want to be that.

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

You miss my point. Of course they wouldn’t pay him £30k. But if they paid him a signing on fee, which is not original, and then balanced his pay consistent with their pay structure no one loses. 

The signing fee still has to come from somehwere. If KW stands to make £1.5million over they year with us he won’t move anywhere for less, if another club pays him 30k a week or they pay him 15k a week and a signing bonus of 750k it still adds up to £1.5million which nobody will pay. 

I still got a feeling Dawson will come good. 

Perfect frame, right height, just needs to be more confident and own his six yard box 

Carries himself very well too 

• Haha 1

If he is the keeper many think they would gladly pay a transfer fee.  If the club let him go for free this money could then be paid to Westwood.  Alternatively if he’s not that good to warrant a fee he will stay here unless DC decides to cut our losses

28 minutes ago, 83owl said:
30 minutes ago, 83owl said:

The signing fee still has to come from somehwere. If KW stands to make £1.5million over they year with us he won’t move anywhere for less, if another club pays him 30k a week or they pay him 15k a week and a signing bonus of 750k it still adds up to £1.5million which nobody will pay. 

Of course it does.  The buying club would put a value on Westwood, which if he is still as good as some think, could easily be £1.5m. If SWFC then allow him to go on a free he could receive the equivalent of the transfer with the balance being his weekly earnings.

The fly in this ointment is of course that knowledgeable football managers don’t believe he is worth a fee.  It would then be DCs decision as to whether or not to reduce his wage bill and come to some agreement with Westwood