On trial - Korede Adedoyin

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Actually he does, but for understandable reasons, he doesn’t want to go public. Guess until we hear officially from the club, nothing is confirmed. Odd though, that this guys name was made public, and was even acknowledged as getting our goals in the defeat against Barnsley Normally it would be, A Trialist scored both Wednesday’s goals

Reeks of attention seeking to me.

2 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Reeks of attention seeking to me.

Honestly, mate it isn’t Without wanting to come across as that myself, I know what he was saying, or implying, was correct Would have thought these things would have been announced by the club though, if deals were finalised

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Any update on this?  

Not from my end, or Tea Baggins. Perhaps the club have discovered the mole, and have eliminated him for leaking such classified information Careless talk, and all that

Why is itvthatv, if we sign someone under 25, he's automatically labelled as being to strengthen the U23 squad? There are many players in both Championship and Premiership who are young lads. As our old fella used to say 'if he's good enough, he's old enough.' Don't forget that many of the England prospects are under 23.  

36 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Why is itvthatv, if we sign someone under 25, he's automatically labelled as being to strengthen the U23 squad? There are many players in both Championship and Premiership who are young lads. As our old fella used to say 'if he's good enough, he's old enough.' Don't forget that many of the England prospects are under 23.  

Not sure what you mean mate? Some youngsters are signed up for our first team squad, like the 19yr old we’ve just got from City. Others who perhaps we are unsure whether they are ready for a first team berth, will be assigned to the U23s, where hopefully they will continue their development. They will still be available when needed for the first team, should an opportunity arise. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

sorry if you have answered this mate but are the players you are talking about for the first team or U23 side? 

The ones we were both talking about were very much trialists for the U23 squad Too be honest, I really don’t see what all the secrecy is about, but if you’re told something in confidence, it isn’t right to put names on here. The names I’ve heard, I didn’t know until I googled them

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure what you mean mate? Some youngsters are signed up for our first team squad, like the 19yr old we’ve just got from City. Others who perhaps we are unsure whether they are ready for a first team berth, will be assigned to the U23s, where hopefully they will continue their development. They will still be available when needed for the first team, should an opportunity arise. 

Given the uncertainty surrounding the club and the likelihood that we'll be in League 1 in a years time, long term planning is very much off the table as financially we could be working under more severe restrictions than we are now.

Even though Bannan has talked about being the captain beyond the current season, I don't see any senior pros who's contracts run out next summer being kept on?

The vast majority if not all of the younger players are out of contract in a years time and any trialist we take on now is unlikely to be offered more than a year. To say we're in a mess is a massive understandstatement.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Given the uncertainty surrounding the club and the likelihood that we'll be in League 1 in a years time, long term planning is very much off the table as financially we could be working under more severe restrictions than we are now.

Even though Bannan has talked about being the captain beyond the current season, I don't see any senior pros who's contracts run out next summer being kept on?

The vast majority if not all of the younger players are out of contract in a years time and any trialist we take on now is unlikely to be offered more than a year. To say we're in a mess is a massive understandstatement.

Get promoted this season all our worries fizzle away  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Now then, Sunny.  How's it going?