Realistic aims for next season

Guest Grandad

It's survival at this point, simple as, unless we somehow get a favourable ruling in the appeal.

-12 is a huge psychological barrier to overcome and god forbid we get off to a bad start, or we could be even further from safety after a few games.

We just need to come out storming and take each game as it comes.

• Like 1

My aim would first to get into a positive figure, then aim to get out of the bottom 3 and then push into midtable.

The recruits so far seem to be younger players and the team last year did not have much leadership from anyone. I would be looking to getting the club away from a relegation dog fight if possible, because I do not feel we have the personnel for it.

If going into the last 5 games we had nothing to play for I would be more than happy, because we would be safe but able to then builds for the seasons to come, with hopefully a few of the younger players another season championship wise and maybe improving in both performance and consistency.

But off the field those in charge need to help the team by not causing off the field issues to affect the on field performance as clearly happened post Xmas this past year.

Win more games than we lose.

That’s about as simple as I can put it. 

Win 16, draw 15 and lose 15 would leave us 63 points, minus 12 = 51 and should keep us up.

Only 5 teams had more than 14 draws. WBA and Millwall had 17. So max draws 17 points, 15 wins and 14 losses. Gives us 62 points, minus 12 = 50. Again should keep us up.

I’ve gone into far to much detail, but anyway you go about it. Win more than we lose and we are almost guaranteed to stay up.

I think if we can finish mid table that would be an achievement with anything above the bottom 6 a decent effort.

Its when you refer to statistics like this taking into consideration what is needed based on last seasons table that a -12 start really hits home.

Don’t think we will get relegated but if we do stat off like we finished last season then that’s not out of the question.

Realistic aim is to stop up which I think is certainly do able ,

so last season 49 pts kept you up 

which would mean we would need to gain 61 points this upcoming season to achieve that ( 61pts last season would have got us 13th )

Based on the above we would need to have form that finishes you 13th in the table over the season to stay up , is that possible ? Absolutely!

as above have said a good start is key , if after 6 games we can be around 0 points then that’s a great start, who knows we may win the appeal ! 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

why 

Are you joking? Anything except relegation will be a miracle. The highest scorer from last season in our squad is Dunkley with 6 goals!

I can't get over the thought at the moment that with what we do have unless we get some firepower in before the season if we're not careful we'll be really up against it by the time the next transfer window opens. You need goals to win games and at the moment there's way too few capeble of putting the ball in the onion bag.