Realistic aims for next season

Guest Grandad

Avoiding relegation is the main aim. I don't think that will be a major problem but a lot depends on who we bring in before the window closes. Dunkley and Brown make me optimistic that we are moving in the right direction. A few more of that quality plus a few young loans with talent and we should be fine.

It's always a problem getting a load of new players to gell. I'm hoping the quantity of new players will form their own tight knit group that will disregard any bad vibes from any disruptive players who remain.

A good start to build a positive team spirit woulkd help. As would the fans giving positive support to the players, manager and dare I say it DC. Players will make mistakes, it's inevitable until they settle in, if we get on their case it won't help.

Set our sights on avoiding relegation and treat each point as a major victory along that path.

I hope we stay up, but its going to be a struggle.

If we go down Monk + Chansiri have failed.

If we do stay up, I'll add 12 points to the total, look where we would have finished and then judge Monk. If that was above 12th I think that will be a decent season!

• Like 1

4th bottom would be an incredible achievement but it will be tough. All of this mid-table nonsense is a pipe dream although i hope i'm wrong.

Realistically we might not hit 0 points for 8 games.

How we start the season will either give us a fighting chance or see us relegated. No room for error.

Tables.png.6bcacf09eace1f7ddc1ba8fc4fa305c5.png

Sadly, chaps, based on past tables, we can rule out anything > top 6 finish :duntmatter:

But seriously, we do have every chance of avoiding relegation. Average points needed to finish 4th bottom is 48, which means we would need 60 points, including the -12. On average we get 61.

In with a squeak, eh Bruce.