Best football chant of all time?

1 hour ago, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

Aldershot was away when we won 8-0. It was a night match,we went in mates car,it was a nightmare to find with it being a army place. When we got near,we so some lights and headed straight for them,oops army barracks quick turn round and scarpered lol.I  think hirsty,Atkinson and witton scored them all. 4-3-1 not sure in what order.

Whitton scored 4, Atkinson 3 and Craig Shakespeare scored the eighth.

Your sister is your mother,

your uncle is your brother,

your all f**king each other,

the Norwich family!

Your sisters got a blister,

from where you tried to fist her,

the Norwich family! 

Used to work with a group which was 50/50 Norwich and Ipswich. They had some funny arguments.

Also worked in Glasgow for a while that was a different level. The old farm was funny the old firm was nasty! 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Whitton scored 4, Atkinson 3 and Craig Shakespeare scored the eighth.

Yes ur right punkskaphil,just found it on you tube,can't believe its 31 years ago.time fly's.did u go too mate.pubs bang across from ground. A.little 3 foot fence and a small banking across the road,,could have stepped over fence an got in for nowt, pity we had to have tickets,walked to other side of ground an it was very dark,

2 hours ago, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

Yes ur right punkskaphil,just found it on you tube,can't believe its 31 years ago.time fly's.did u go too mate.pubs bang across from ground. A.little 3 foot fence and a small banking across the road,,could have stepped over fence an got in for nowt, pity we had to have tickets,walked to other side of ground an it was very dark,

No, I didn’t go. When I was a kid I used to watch the season review videos over and over again. Many of the details of the matches from those seasons are still burnt into my brain somewhere.

.I can remember practically every away match from 79 onwards, matey.only one match I can't vaguely remember was Fulham away in 1984.Friday night match, we drew 1-1 I think Cunningham sfacing 7.30 kick off then, me and too of my mates got the 7.20 inter city 125 train in morning,got kicked off at chesterfield by guard for supping special x cider at that time in morning,lol got next train still in london for 9.30.we got some digs for 4 of us .one of other lads had to work till 2 at Apollo steels,he caught later train down  we started drinking at 11 soon as pubs opened,we did a pub crawl through London till we met kanga my other mate, we had a pint in every pub,and we could all drink,in the match I was lent on barrier facing crowd most of match we stayed in London till sat night.1 of mates had been to every ground in the football league except white hart lane,so him and kanga went to watch spurs play Liverpool, finished 2-2 I think,me and john went round Soho and met them in cockney pride pub after match,we the boozed till we went for the midnight paper train back home,1 of many good weekends,lol

On 20/08/2020 at 09:31, soldierboyblue said:

You're gonna get your fcuking head kicked in

You're gonna get your fcuking head kicked in

You're going home in a Yorkshire ambulance

You're going home in a Yorkshire ambulance 

lol

Definitely, why don't we sing those anymore???

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

.I can remember practically every away match from 79 onwards, matey.only one match I can't vaguely remember was Fulham away in 1984.Friday night match, we drew 1-1 I think Cunningham sfacing 7.30 kick off then, me and too of my mates got the 7.20 inter city 125 train in morning,got kicked off at chesterfield by guard for supping special x cider at that time in morning,lol got next train still in london for 9.30.we got some digs for 4 of us .one of other lads had to work till 2 at Apollo steels,he caught later train down  we started drinking at 11 soon as pubs opened,we did a pub crawl through London till we met kanga my other mate, we had a pint in every pub,and we could all drink,in the match I was lent on barrier facing crowd most of match we stayed in London till sat night.1 of mates had been to every ground in the football league except white hart lane,so him and kanga went to watch spurs play Liverpool, finished 2-2 I think,me and john went round Soho and met them in cockney pride pub after match,we the boozed till we went for the midnight paper train back home,1 of many good weekends,lol

Not really a chant though, nice story

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not really a chant though, nice story

It fits to Beethoven's 6th Symphony (about as long too)!

Incidentally I remember that Fulham game, it was bloody freezing!

Away at Leeds when McDermott has just become their manager. The series of songs related to him looking like an egg, being Humpty Dumpty and falling off a wall. 

I also love the irony of fans from places like Burnley away at places like Bournemouth singing “Bournemouth’s a poo hole, I wanna go home”

One of my favourites from 80s would be “yellows, yellows,....” sung for 10 minutes or so.

Then there’s “always look on the bright side of life”. A song that can truly only be sung by fans of a crap team. 4-0 at half time atWatford, it cheered me up.

And a classic that will be difficult to repeat: “one Bryan Robson, there’s only one Bryan Robson” sung by three sides of Hillsborough.

Funniest one I’ve heard was in Marseille during Euro 16. 

Bloke walked past in a Stoke shirt and about twenty lads stood up and sung;

”Kenwyn Jones’ a Stokie

He comes from Trinidad. 

He looks like Whoopee Goldberg

And his hair is fkin mad

He signed for Stoke from Sunderland and this is what he saiddddddddddddddd, 

Steve Bruce is a wnker with a big fat fkin head”. 

Proper made me laugh 

Edited by Pod9
Swearing